Technical Project manager
Our Customer is a Telecom & ICT company operating in Belgium and on the international markets, providing services to consumers, businesses and the public sector.
Their advanced interconnected fixed and mobile networks offer access anywhere and anytime to digital services and data, as well as to a broad offering of multimedia content.
They invest in future-proof networks and innovative solutions, creating the foundations for sustainable growth.
Within the operational department NEO you are responsible for the project management for your geographical area in the context of the roll-out and maintenance of the network of the Customer.
You monitor the planning, budget and follow-up of the projects assigned to you in the short and medium term in order to achieve the annual operational objectives, in close cooperation with the local teams involved.
You are responsible for developing and monitoring the implementation of the roll-out plan and construction activities within your geographical area.
This responsibility includes drafting and managing the project in very close cooperation with the national program managers and the local design/construction teams:
- Facilitating regular meetings.
- Monitoring the correct practical application of the nationally aligned Design Rules, processes, tools, work instructions and reports.
- Jointly responsible for the operational cooperation with the implementing partner with regard to laying, blowing and welding and the processing of the AS-BUILD documentation.
- Ensure compliance with the set schedule and budget, as well as quality requirements, production volumes and safety of the sites.
- Act as contact point for the other departments within the Customer (EBU, CBU, CUO,...).
- Ensure data quality in the follow-up tools for the project and for the documentation of the network.
- Responsible for proactively intercepting and, if necessary, following up on issues and problems and communicating about the lessons learned, as well as best practices to prevent these problems in the future.
- Report on your activities via dashboards, reports of meetings, etc. to your management and the project participants/stakeholders.
- Act as an ambassador of the Customers activities on public and private domain.
Degree & Experience:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in design and/or construction activities (preferably telecom) and technical knowledge of networks.
- A prior experience in an operational service is an advantage.
- You have experience in planning numerous both simple and complex projects.
- You have experience in investment projects with strict adherence to timing and budget.
- Good knowledge of telecommunication networks and you wish to develop them more thoroughly
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Interested in technical, operational and financial aspects
- Good leader, with a structured approach in project management for construction activities
- Good knowledge of how to manage the workload of operational teams
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- You organised your own work and that of your project team quickly and well.
- You are a team player, where you can motivate others and lead an operational team.
- You have good communication and presentation skills.
You are fluent in N/F with a good knowledge of English