Release Train Engineer
.We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
The ITS/NSI/ESE department is responsible for the development and operational support of the Servicing applications of Proximus.
We provide efficient, high-performance and reliable high-tech applications via:
- the development, management and control of applications
- continuous improvement and optimization of these systems at the correct cost price and with the right quality
- Continuous synchronization and collection of the needs of our business partners in order to be able to offer an optimal customer journey to our customers
In order to continue our innovative and fast-growing requirements of our clients, we are looking for a Release Train Engineer.
- You will lead and optimize an Agile Release Train (ART) consisting of 2 teams, who are responsible for the backlog, the design, the development, the testing and the smooth production of the developments using the latest technologies and Programs.
- You will be responsible for the preparation and communication of the annual calendar containing the iterations and the Program Increments (PI).
- Summarizing the Team PI Objectives and Solution PI Objectives (STE) so they can be published and become visible and transparent for the team and other stakeholders.
- Assisting the measurement about the execution of the features and the capabilities.
- Regularly facilitating synchronization meetings, the meetings at ART program level as well as the Value stream synchronization measurements of the solution train.
- Assisting in budget exercise with the aim of facilitating features and capability estimation of the teams.
- Coaching experts, teams and scrum Masters in a Lean-Agile method and mindset.
- Helping to manage risks and problems
- Escalating and tracking the obstacles of the teams.
- Adjusting the teams about the resources.
- Reinforce the collaboration between the various Agile teams, System and Solution Architects/Analysts
- Collaborate with the product & solution management, product owners and other stakeholders to ensure that the product strategy is in line with the execution.
- Continuously improving the value stream by using the Continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps
- You have the talent to guard the good rapport and team spirit within a team
- You are good at following up initiatives/projects with an eye for the right solution to meet the needs of our business.
- You can contribute to the roadmap of the architects
- You attach importance to the project KPI's, and monitor them in collaboration with the architects, analysts, developers and testers, and you are able to deliver these projects within the specified budget and timing.
- You monitor the operational readiness of the delivered solutions.
- You participate in budget exercises and create budget opportunities
- You are responsible for capacity and resource planning
- You are in charge of the technical projects
- You are responsible for the maintenance budgets of software packages
You have a Master in IT & Telecom or equivalent through experience
- Team player
- Organized, systematic and orderly
- Stress resistant
- Analytical skills
- Experience in people management is required.
- Hands-on experience with Agile development (Scrum) principles & methodology is an absolute requirement
- Good communication skills in French, Dutch and English.Kunnen werken in een complexe en ambigue omgeving.
- Experience in "Operational readiness application management" (robust, secure and resilient solutions) is required.
- A good helicopter view of databases, application servers, operating systems, file servers, and network components.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience in Proximus products and technologies is considered an asset.
- Web development as a background is an asset.
- Experience in continuous integration and automated test & build is a plus
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.