TRIXTER is currently looking for a junior developer to join our team of render wranglers and work closely with the Pipeline and IT department. This Technical Render Wrangler position is a mission critical role to maintain the effective use of the compute resources (render farm) for our active projects. As a Technical Render Wrangler you will have the unique opportunity to monitor and identify scheduling challenges and bottlenecks as well as proactively improve our existing render farm software stack to provide better tools and workflows to all clients utilizing the render farm.
To start as soon as possible. Long-term contract.
- Monitor, manage and keep the renderfarm running at maximum capacity
- Manage render job priorities and the allocation of resources according to project schedules and demands
- Identify and report render errors to artists and Production and help resolve them
- Monitor metrics and identify infrastructure related bottlenecks
- Review existing tools and workflows and suggest improvements
- Develop new and maintain existing software to improve the monitoring, reporting, prioritisation and automation features of the render farm technology stack
- Write and maintain documentation to assist production team members and render wranglers when interacting with the render farm
- Liaise with production teams and resource management to assist in communicating render needs, progress and render forecast planning
Skills & Experience:
- A focus on Computer Science/Engineering as an undergraduate is a major plus
- Experience with Linux/UNIX, in particular the shell environment and navigating through the file system
- Basic knowledge of industry software is a benefit (Tractor, Arnold, Maya, Houdini, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Python
- Experience with developing UIs in Qt or HTML
- Experience with render farms and cloud rendering is a benefit
- A keen interest in monitoring, automation and optimization of large scale infrastructures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle a fast paced, occasionally high pressure environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends and/or evenings
This opening is only open to people with an EU citizenship or with an existing German Visa.