Challenge closed !
- Ask the challengers
- Ask a friend
From September to end of October 2017 Vlerick Business School and Ageas organise together the first Big Data Challenge. The Big Data Challenge is a competition that helps professionals and students to test their business, analytical & technology knowledge and business skills necessary to work in Big Data projects.
Rules of the Challenge
Participants must be over 18 years old and be Belgian residents. All the Big Data fans are allowed to compete. One registration per person is authorized. The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else. Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will invalid the registration or entail the loss of the Prize.
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to as many questions as you can (up to 36). The questions are multiple-choice with one and only one good answer.
The quiz allows the usage of three ‘jokers’: the "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out half of the answers, the "Ask the challengers", whereby the percentage of the challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you and the "bonus question / Ask a friend", in which the challenger sends a bonus question to one friend during the challenge, after which the friend provides input and the score is adapted accordingly..
The score & level of the questions:
The on-line test contains questions with one level of difficulty: Medium with an associated score of 2 points, if answered correctly. The total score will be the cumulative score of the questions. A wrong answer always gives the same score (-1). When you pass on a question, you don’t win or lose points.
What will be displayed at the end of the challenge ?
Your score and the private leaderboard will be released at the end of the challenge and only visible to you. We are showing the detail of scores to all players at the end of the Challenge, so that the questions can't be shared among players during the Challenge.
If you are in the TOP 25 best participants
If you rank among the top 25 participants, your name, first name and score will be posted on the leaderboard and visible to all the challengers. At the end of this round there will be 12 finalists who will be invited for the Final.
Who will be invited to the finals
- The top 12 participants will be invited to the final. The final will take place at Brussels.
- 1st: Free seat1 in the Big Data programme at Vlerick (value2: 4465 euro)
- 2nd: Study voucher1 towards Big Data programme at Vlerick (value: 1500 euro)
- 3d: Study voucher1 towards Big Data programme at Vlerick (value: 750 euro)
In the context of this competition, the following personal data about the participants will be collected and processed: name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and possibly Linkedin profile. The organizers’ servers will automatically save specific data such as: adress, date and time. Personal data are collected and processed for the following uses:
- To enable and oversee the correct competition process;
- To analyze and optimize EDITx
- To set up the Statboard & Leaderboard at the end of the challenge
EDITx shares the personal information (Last Name, First Name, Mobile and Email) of the participants with and only with the Owner of the challenge (Vlerick, Ageas and Trends) and with any governmental agency or Authority (in Belgium, Luxembourg or Nederland) or authority at their request (in case of irregularities).
Any of the following reasons will justify a disqualification even if we feel sorry for that.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally this may also be considered as a legal violation and the Organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the Court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the Authors of the questions (Professors of the Vlerick Business School) & EDITx IT Educators Community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating to the challenge.
Hungry for more expertise in Big Data ?
This fall Vlerick is launching a new programme ‘Creating business value with Big Data’- starting in November 6th, 2017. Return to your workplace with a clear long-term analytics & Big Data strategy to create business value in your organisation or functional department. Learn more about the programme.
Read our whitepaper to learn about the opportunities with Big Data – download here.