How is the challenge organized?
You will have 12 minutes to give the correct answer to as many questions as you can (up to 30). The questions are multiple-choice with one or several good answers.
The quiz allows the usage of two ‘jokers’: the "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out half of the answers and the "Ask the challengers", whereby the percentage of the challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you.
After you completed the Java challenge, you will see your result for that Challenge immediately, but not the answers. We are emailing the details of the scores to all players at the end of the Challenge, so that the answers can't be shared among players during the Challenge.
The topics of the questions:
Please find below some quizzes to practice before the challenge.
|MCQ JAVA QUESTIONS WITH ONE OR SEVERAL GOOD ANSWERS|
|What is Java, Java basics, Java elements, Java data types, String classes, Math classes, coding exercices, Decision statements, Looping statements, Debugging, Arrays, Exceptions, Classes, Constructors, Methods, ...|
The level of the questions and related scoring:
The on-line test contains questions with 3 levels of difficulty: Low, Medium and High with an associated score 1, 2 or 3 points, if answered correctly. A wrong answer results in a score of (-1) irrespective the level of the question. The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 12 minutes. When you skip a question, you win nor lose points.
Rules of the Challenge
Participants must be over 18 years old and be located in The Netherlands. One registration per person is permitted. The participant must compete in his or her own name. Personal information of the participant may be checked through different channels. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will disqualify the participant. The participant will be able to access the Challenge once s/he clicks the "Participate" button and has completed his/her registration. If any participant is found having multiple profiles for any kind of reasons while participating in the contest, he/she will be disqualified for the event.
At the end of on-line contest at least 10 finalists are invited for the final: Students & Professionals
What will be displayed at the end of the challenge?
Your score and position in the leaderboard will be communicated at the end of the challenge and only visible to you. The details of the contest are shown to all players only at the end of the Challenge, avoiding hereby that questions are shared among players during the Challenge. There will be two leaderboards: a global leaderboard ranking all the participants and a leaderboard dedicated to the students. The name and first name of the 20 best students will be visible to anyone at the end of the challenge.
Data privacy & Information Sharing
The Challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx. Participant's personal data will be collected by EDITx for the following purposes:
- To monitor the correct competition process
- To analyze and optimize EDITx
- To set up the Statboard & Leaderboard at the end of the challenge
- To invite the Top Participants to the final
- To keep the participants update of the results of the challenge and the Quizzes
EDITx shares the personal information (last name, first name, mobile and email) of the participants with & only with any governmental agency or Authority in the Netherlands or authority at their request (in case of irregularities).
Personal information, scores, questions, results are never given, sold or exchange to any third party.
Any of the following reasons will justify a disqualification even if we feel sorry for that.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally this may also be considered as a legal violation and the Organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the Court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the Authors of the questions & EDITx Community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating to the challenge.
EDITx Regulation and general conditions
- Ask the challengers