The IT Student of the Year Challenge Belgium is a Challenge designed to inspire creative and dynamic computer science Students & young Professionals located in Belgium.
The first round is played online. The students and the professionals will compete in separate leagues so that everyone gets a fair chance in competing to be crowned as Belgian Student or Young IT Pro Champion (less than 3 years work experiences).
Registration is free and open during the entire duration of the Challenge.
The finals will take place at AG Insurance HQ in Brussels on the 29th of November with the top 30 partipants of the online phase. The 3rd, 2nd and 1st place contestants will be announced. « Generous Prizes are up for grabs. »…
Scores calculation and Jokers:
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to 18 questions (4 easy, 8 medium and 4 expert). The questions will be multiple-choice with one or several good answers.
- A good answer gives you 1 point (easy), 2 points (medium) or 3 points (expert)
- A wrong answer results in a score of (-1)
- When you skip a question, you win nor lose points.
The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 15 minutes.
The contest allows the usage of three ‘jokers’:
- The "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out half of the possible answers to a question,
- The "Ask the challengers", where the percentage of the other challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you and
- The "Bonus question / Ask a friend", in which the challenger sends a bonus question (after the regular 15 minutes) to a friend during the 6-week Challenge, after which the friend provides input and the score is adapted accordingly.
Results, Data privacy & Information Sharing
After you complete the Challenge, you will see your result for the Challenge immediately, but not the answers. The details of your score and your ranking will be released in your userboard at the end of the Challenge so that the answers cannot be shared among players during the Challenge.
The Challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx. The following personal data about the participants will be collected by EDITx: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To monitor the correct competition process
- To analyse and optimise EDITx
- To set up the statboard & leaderboard at the end of the Challenge
EDITx shares the personal information (last name, first name, mobile and email) of the participants with the host of the Challenge, AG Insurance, the members of the jury, and any governmental agency or authority in Belgium, should they request it (in case of irregularities).
About AG Insurance
What’s the purpose of an insurance company? To provide a safety net when you need it most? An extra financial cushion to fall back on when you get older? Support when life throws you a curveball? All of the above. And then some-because we hold ourselves to a higher standard. In our view, an insurer should give you the courage to live life as an adventure. To jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down. To go on holiday, buy a house, raise a family, try a new sport... to live life to the fullest. On your terms, and without a care in the world. Because we’ve got your back. That is why we are supporters of life. And what about you?
Qualification and Disqualification
We really do not want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we catch you doing any of the following:
- Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents in Belgium to be invited to to win the prizes.
- Having more than 3 years work experiences if you play in the young pro category.
- Only one registration per person is authorized.
- The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else.
- Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will nullify the registration or entail the loss of the Prize.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally, this may also be considered as a legal violation, and the organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the authors of the questions, the members of the jury, and the EDITx IT educators community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating in the Challenge.
EDITx Regulation and general conditions
Challenge closed !
- Ask the challengers
- Ask a friend
- 1st Place: Apple MacBook
- 2nd Place: Samsung Galaxy S9
- 3rd Place: Beats (Wireless Studio3)
- Other Finalists: Impressive Goodies Bags