We are inviting all Data Scientist & Big Data fans to participate to the Data Science Challenge France 2019 created by the Data ScienceTech Institute
How to participate ?
Registration is free and open during the entire duration of the Data Science challenge.
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to as many questions as you can. The questions will be multiple-choice with one or several good answers.
The on-line test contains maximum 21 questions with 3 levels of difficulty: 7 easy questions, 7 medium questions and 7 difficult questions with an associated score 1, 2 or 3 points, if answered correctly. A wrong answer results in a score of (-1) irrespective the level of the question. The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 15 minutes. When you skip a question, you win nor lose points.
The contest allows the usage of three ‘jokers’: the "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out half of the answers, the "Ask the challengers", whereby the percentage of the challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you and the "bonus question / Ask a friend", in which the challenger sends a bonus question to one friend during the challenge, after which the friend provides input and the score is adapted accordingly.
Rules of the Challenge
Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents of France to be invited to win the prizes but all the Data Science fans are more than welcome on the challenge. At the end, there will be 2 leaderboards:
- Worldwide leaderboard
- France Leaderboard
Data privacy & Information Sharing
The challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx. The following personal data about the participants will be collected by EDITx: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To monitor the correct competition process
- To analyse and optimise EDITx
- To set up the statboard & leaderboard at the end of the challenge
EDITx shares the personal information (last name, first name, mobile and email) of the participants with, and only with the Data ScienceTech Insitute and any governmental agency or authority in France, should they request it (in case of irregularities).
We really don’t want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we catch you doing any of the following:
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally, this may also be considered as a legal violation, and the organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the authors of the questions, the members of the Jury, and the EDITx IT educators community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating in the challenge.
EDITx Regulation and general conditions
- Ask the challengers
- Ask a friend