TV Solution Engineer
We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
This job is an opportunity to work in the TV Operations team which is responsible for the operational support of the Content Offering platforms, the Streaming and Media Services and the TV services in general.
Job content :
- You are responsible for the stability, the availability and the quality of the TV platforms in scope.
- You help in resolving complex incidents, you perform the Root Cause analyses, you use Problem Management to resolve structural problems and you follow up the technical issues with the respective vendors.
- To minimize the resolution time of incidents and to increase overall availability, you define, improve and maintain the operational procedures.
- You implement and improve existing monitoring and automate actions were possible.
- You liaise with the infrastructure team(s) for installations, capacity extension, planned works, monitoring, etc.
- You deliver 2ndline support for Customer Operations
- You participate in a duty guard service
- 50% of your time will be reserved to work on new projects and upgrades (analysis, installations, participating in the testing, etc)
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers. We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.
Your Soft Skills:
- You are and excellent communicator
- Being a team player, you can work independently
- You are responsible and have a sense of quality
- You have an analytical mind, you work structurally and you are always looking for solutions.
- You know how to plan your time and setting priorities.
- You are prepared to learn constantly.
- You are prepared to take part in a duty guard service.
Your technical skills
- Unix/Linux operating commands and scripting languages (Shell/Perl/Java/PHP/Python)
- Database knowledge (Oracle, MySQL, LDAP)
- IP network protocols (TCP/IP, IP routing, HTTP(S), XML,Unicast & Multicast, …)
- Monitoring and reporting tools (Nagios, Thruk, FileBeat,ELK, …)
- Knowledge of Television & Media Content Streaming technologies
- Good understanding of Digital Rights Management and Video protection/encryption techniques is a plus
- You understand English, French and Dutch and you speak at least 2 of the 3.
- You are familiar with the Agile Way of working.