TV Operations Engineer
A job at Proximus? You'll find that everything revolves around the idea 'Think Possible'. This means: we always assume that something is possible, even if it seems impossible. Well, especially so, actually. Call it a way of thinking that involves being open to a world of digital solutions that make our lives easier. And our way of working smarter.
You will be dedicated to the entertainment Services that cover the operational support of the legacy/Microservices/new TV backend, Middleware services and media clients as described above.
Therefore, we will train you to build expertise on these services & applications to be able to do operational support and repair. As a result, you will reach an expertise level on integration of these end-to-end TV media services in the production environment.
You will be part of- and supported by- a dynamic team that stands for collaboration, taking responsibility and agile working towards common goals.
Your Job content
- Work with modern DevOps practices such as CI/CD pipelines in a new cloud infrastructure and with cloud native applications.
- Set up and maintain an efficient monitoring and incident management process with all teams involved.
- Set up preventive maintenance (coordination with other teams + regularly implement own scripted solutions).
- Set up a correct upgrade management process with all teams involved.
- Support new projects/upgrades by contributing to the analysis, doing production releases.
- Participate in Quality Assurance testing.
- Integrate services in collaboration with the infrastructure teams for matters of TV service integrations, capacity extensions, planned interventions, monitoring, etc.
- Handle incident and problem management for production environment issues.
- Provide 2nd line customer support to Customer Operations.
- Contribute to a 24/7 guard service.
- You achieved a Master degree or equivalent by experience.
- A first professional experience is a plus for the role but we are also open for profiles without it.
- You have an analytical profile.
- You have strong "can do" attitude with a big dose of pragmatism.
- You have an agile and growth mindset and can blend in our dynamic team working.
- For legacy part, good knowledge with J2EE based frameworks such as Wildfly or Websphere.
- Good knowledge in cloud models (IaaS, PaaS, etc.) and their respective technologies, experience in operating those is a plus.
- Good knowledge with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.) and noSQL ones (Cassandra, Couchbase, etc.).
- Good experience with administrating Linux systems.
- Fair knowledge with modern search and analytics engines such as ELK stack in order to collect and make use of available data for operational purposes.
- Fair knowledge with networking concepts is required for E2E troubleshooting.
- Experience with multiple programming or scripting languages is must in order to develop tools for automating and accomplishing day-to-day activities more efficiently.
- You understand English, French and Dutch and you speak at least 2 of the 3.
Naturally we have a competitive salary package for you. But there is so much more!
- We are 100% Belgian. So we make decisions in three languages. And all at the same time if you like!
- We are open to everyone: M, W, X, and in fact all the other letters of the alphabet.
- We encourage personal growth. At the Proximus Academy, you won't even want to miss a session.
- We are, of course, committed to sustainability. What else did you think?
- We firmly believe that working together is important, but that having fun together is even more so. That is why we regularly organise fun activities. (Please let us know if you have a talent for playing Santa Claus!)
- We believe in responsibility. Also in yours. For example, you can take it to launch your own initiatives.
- We put our customers first. And because we are all customers somewhere, you already know what that means. That's good.
- And the ever-important work-life balance? We keep it in the right place.