A job at Proximus? You'll find that everything revolves around the idea 'Think Possible'. This means: we always assume that something is possible, even if it seems impossible. Well, especially so, actually. Call it a way of thinking that involves being open to a world of digital solutions that make our lives easier. And our way of working smarter.
At the crossroads between new technologies and service management, the Event Management team designs and implements the monitoring infrastructure of Proximus. We provide systems that ensure a real time view for the operation centers of all incident on the network and IT infrastructure, and their impact on our customers and services.
We are involved in all evolutions of Proximus services and technologies (mobile and fixed network, new IT technologies) and we quickly need to design our tools to assure the best possible experience for our Proximus customers (professional and mass market customers).
As a functional analyst you are responsible for translating business and IT needs into functional specifications.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You take the leading role in functional analysis of projects and enhancements.
- You acquire a good understanding of the business requirements and processes, in order to translate these into a robust solution design.
- You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation for the users, as well for the development teams and testers.
- You make project estimates and identify impact on IT infrastructure.
- You are responsible for the follow-up of the projects assigned to you.
- Leading a sub team is part of your tasks to ensure a correctly and timely delivery.
- You explain the solution to the development team and guide them through the development cycle.
- You report on the status of your projects to the project team and identify potential risks.
- You provide support to the operations team in case of major incidents.
- Minimum Master Level (ideally informatics with knowledge of Telecommunication) or proven experience in the OSS/monitoring domain
- You have profound experience in analysis in a complex IT & Telco environment.
- You are analytical and assertive, customer- and solution-oriented.
- You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
- Customer centricity is part of your nature.
- You value communication and collaboration with others.
- You have a learning attitude.
- You have knowledge of fault management/monitoring concepts and protocols
- You know at least one of these products: Zenoss, Splunk, Dynatrace… or AI/ML and any other data analytics technics.
- You have knowledge of UML, DevOps and agile development (Scrum) principles & methodologies, continuous integration and automated test & build as well as Microservices, SOA, REST SOAP and RDBMS.
- Functional knowledge of the domain and data model standards like eTOM or SID is considered as an asset.
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
Naturally we have a competitive salary package for you. But there is so much more!
- We are 100% Belgian. So we make decisions in three languages. And all at the same time if you like!
- We are open to everyone: M, W, X, and in fact all the other letters of the alphabet.
- We encourage personal growth. At the Proximus Academy, you won't even want to miss a session.
- We are, of course, committed to sustainability. What else did you think?
- We firmly believe that working together is important, but that having fun together is even more so. That is why we regularly organise fun activities. (Please let us know if you have a talent for playing Santa Claus!)
- We believe in responsibility. Also in yours. For example, you can take it to launch your own initiatives.
- We put our customers first. And because we are all customers somewhere, you already know what that means. That's good.
- And the ever-important work-life balance? We keep it in the right place.
In a nutshell … We offer you a job full of opportunities to grow and learn, a job that will push you forward, as you shape the digital future with us. And in doing so, you might achieve more than you thought possible. Are you a professional who thinks like this? Someone who sees solutions where others only see obstacles. Then you are a talent that can still grow with us. Every day.