SPIE - System Engineer
What does a System Engineer do at SPIE Belgium ICS?
Our teams support and facilitate the digital transformation of our corporate and enterprise customers all over Belgium. SPIE Belgium ICS designs, operates and integrates tailored ICT solutions in the areas of Workspace, IT Security, DataCenter & Cloud, Printing & Document Management and IP Connectivity.
As a System Engineer for the ICS Division of SPIE Belgium, you deliver our ICT solutions to our customers. You will advise and provide quality technical expertise to our customers, through our managed services, projects and consultancy.
In which areas will you outperform?
- You are responsible for the design, implementation and management of our ICT solutions
- You combine a broad knowledge of IT infrastructure with in-depth knowledge in some areas like Storage, Virtualization, Networking & Security, Messaging & Collaboration, Unified EndPoint Management etc.
- You take the technical lead in ICT projects, and assist your colleagues in troubleshooting advanced issues in your area(s) of expertise.
- You follow the evolutions in technology and services and enjoy growing your competenties and certifications, aligned with our strategic direction and supported by our various training possibilities. You share this knowledge with your colleagues in our Competence Centers and by writing knowledge articles.
- Your deliverables are Secure By Design, and your proactive mindset ensures our solutions excel in security, quality and efficiency.
What makes you so SPIE?
You have a real solution-oriented spirit. Motivated by challenges and the achievement of your objectives, you are available to our clients while demonstrating empathy and active listening skills. This is your secret to achieve exceptional follow-up and impress our clients. These qualities are of course in addition to all your IT skills, which are the essence of your job.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a similar role
- You are proficient in Dutch, French and English.
- You are autonomous in managing and supporting large and complex IT environments.
- You have a broad experience with DataCenter and on premise technologies. You automate a task you have to do twice.
- You have a strong knowledge of IP networks
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You understand the importance of knowledge management and like to coach your colleagues
- You can think outside of the box
- You are eager to learn, analytical and dynamic
- You combine flexibility and teamwork
- You are customer-minded and proactive
Why choose SPIE?
You are choosing a sustainable future, an exciting career full of challenging assignments and projects, and opportunities for development in a family-like atmosphere with an employer who has already been certified "Top Employer" 14 times. SPIE is part of a strong European group that is building a better world of smart cities and efficient buildings, energies and industries.
But that's not all. You can count on :
- A permanent contract.
- A competitive monthly salary with extra-legal benefits (company car, meal vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance, etc.).
- 1800 colleagues who listen to you, help you and enjoy talking to you.
- A 'good morning' every day
- An integration process that will quickly put you at ease.
- A job where you will be able to develop your talents on a daily basis and a springboard to a sustainable career.
- A job where you can develop your expertise and skills through a wide range of training courses and certifications
- Special attention to your work-life balance
- The opportunity to contribute to exciting projects in your region that you can be proud of!
- Make the difference and feel useful thanks to all the social projects we support