About AXA Belgium:
In Belgium, AXA is market leader in non-life insurance. We have more than 3,000 enthusiastic employees whose aim is to move from payer to partner for our 3 million clients.
Our employees are our greatest asset. Therefore, a pleasant and modern working atmosphere is crucial to us. Together we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas are valued, respected and appreciated. With every step we take, we keep our values in mind: Customer First, Integrity, Courage and One AXA.
The Solution Architect outlines solution architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and business domains, then monitors and governs their implementation in projects. For this the Solution Architect works in a close tandem with Enterprise Architecture and Project Manager(s).
You act as part of a project team translating business and IT requirements into solution architecture designs for large or medium scale systems using your knowledge of technologies and integrating existing products and new developments. As such you are expected to:
- Take ownership of non-functional requirements specification.
- Review and approve functional and non-functional requirement specifications.
- Design optimal solution architectures that support the business and help realize the target architecture.
- Acting as a coach towards the project team(s).
- Responsible for the overall quality of the solutions (implementation and/or customization).
- Crafting the right architecture to solve the problem at hand is only part of architects' responsibilities. The architect must also:
- Define, document, and communicate it.
- Share your knowledge of the current solutions, technologies and methodologies with your colleagues by participating to communities of practices.
- Protect (own) the solution architecture and protect its integrity and consistency. Make sure everyone is using it, and using it correctly.
- Make sure stakeholders and management understand it (to the detail necessary).
- Make sure that the architecture is not only the right one for operations, but also for deployment and long term maintenance.
- You have a computer science degree or equivalent experience and you have minimum 10 years of experience in the IT sector including 5 years in IT solutions design on complex projects
- You have excellent communication skills and you can write complex documents and deliver persuasive presentations
- You have the ability to define and analyse user requirements and advise customers on scope and options for business and IT improvements
- You are flexible, pro-active, structured and quality oriented
- You are a team player and you leverage the knowledge of your peers to build the best possible solution
- You at least passively understand French, and preferably speak it. You can write English documents and present in English
Your knowledge / experience
Specific for this mission
- You must have experience as solution architect with a wide variety of technologies which must include AWS
- You must have experience working with off-shore development teams
Generic architecture skills:
- You have excellent skills in multi-technology integration architectures: Cobol/Mainframe, Java EE, …
- You are able to ensure architecture governance is followed with all your stakeholders.
- You are comfortable modelling with Archimate, and preferably master EA Sparx.
- You have a good knowledge of the SOA and API paradigms
- You have a reasonable knowledge of at least one Application Server, one Enterprise Service Bus, one database technology.
- You have excellent architecture and solution design skills
Why join us?
A nice reward for your hard work
An attractive salary, supplemented with discretionary personal and collective bonuses and of course, meal and eco vouchers.
The benefits of working at an insurance company
From group to hospitalization insurance and ambulatory care (family members can also join at an advantageous rate) and with up to 30% discount on all additional insurance products.
A job that respects your personal life and dreams
With 35 days off per year to recharge, home working options, sports facilities and professional training to make sure you stay in shape mentally, physically and professionally!