Senior Test Analyst
We are looking for bright and energetic individuals that are passionate about IT consultancy and Testing in particular. Do you want to be part of a global leading IT services provider and the expert of choice to support our clients digital transformation journey?
Do you have +5 years of experience analysing requirements and designs to specify, produce and execute functional and non-functional tests? Can you support the planning, design and execution of test cases following the QA & Testing process to create quality deliverables? Then you might be the ideal candidate to re-enforce our Energy & Utilities sector in Brussels as Senior Test Analyst.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Understand and have significant expertise in testing in one or more market domains, e.g. Energy retail/production, Utilities, Water, Gas.
• Review requirements/features and user stories with the acceptance criteria and assists scoping testing effort;
• Able to create traceability matrices;
• Design, create, prioritize and execute test cases following the test process and approach
• Review of test cases produced by other Test Analysts;
• Identify necessary test data for test execution aligned with the requirements or changes;
• Create and maintain required test data and other testing artefacts like test cases and test environments needed for test execution;
• Log defects into defect management tool with clear description following documented process, review defects logged by Test Analysts including basic triaging as per the defect management workflow;
• Update and report the test results from the test management tool;
• Continually apply the software testing practices, concepts and principles throughout software development life cycle;
• Identify, collect, analyse and report on meaningful test metrics and proactively use those metrics to drive continuous improvement;
• Influence the scope, direction, and testing method required for each project;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• You have +5 years proven experience as Test Analyst;
• Broad understanding of testing life cycle and the use of key metrics
• Risk and requirements based testing: Understand requirements, user story features, and prioritize risks based on requirements;
• Test expertise and test design: data and data conditions, understanding the requirements and expected test results;
• Understanding of the delivery models, e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.;
• Hands-on experience with test tools like XRay, ALM, JIRA, SOATest, SoapUI or similar toolsets;
• Eye for and focus on detail;
• Consulting skills, e.g. problem solving, for instance to understand the client’s challenges and translate this in how to assist
• You are client oriented and have a flexible mind-set;
• You produce high-quality deliverables;
• You can efficiently work in a dynamic work environment under some pressure;
• You are able to set priorities and meet deadlines;
• You have good presentation and communication skills;
• You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and you have a good knowledge of English;
• You are a good team player and are able to play a leading role but you’re also able to work autonomously;
• You are a good listener and communicate clearly with people from different departments;
• You effectively extract relevant information available in the organization.
- Analytical Thinking
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.