Senior System Engineer
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI has an exciting opportunity for a senior system engineer to work with one of our client in Liège (objective to reach half time remote work).
The technical solution architect needs to speak French and will design and implement a backup strategy including the roll out for our client which is managing various setups internally and in multiple datacenters. The Cloud presence will have to be increased.
The technology used is based on Windows, Linux Debian, Ubuntu with databases in postgresQL.
He will need to ensure the solution is aligned with the legal constraints, is secured and is future proof.
Optionnally, the capacity to design and test a technical DRP.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• You will define the global backup strategy as well as providing operational ownership
• You will provide operational support in different areas (backup, storage and server management) for the time of the mission.
• You will translate regulatory compliance requirements into implementation actions.
• You will design and implement a long term strategy for the Disaster Recovery Strategy
• You will support their on-premise, data-centers and cloud environments (Azure)
• You will work hand-in-hand with the Infra & the Security team
• You will train the Infra team to become operational and take over the Backup
• You will optionally design and proceed to a live DRP test across the company
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• You have the consultant mindset.
• You are fluent in French and English, Dutch would be an asset
• You have at least a bachelor’s degree
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a IT Infrastructure environment
• You have a strong knowledge on backup tools
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Linux based environments.
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
• Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
• Experience with monitoring systems
• Experience with automation software
• Solid scripting skills
• Solid networking knowledge
You have experience configuring and integrating COTS software in support of enterprise security solutions.
• You have excellent System administration (Windows and Linux ) & Storage skills
• You can leverage your expertise in Cloud environments such as Azure
• You are a critical thinker and a self-organized person with strong leadership and project management skills
• You must be able to analyze and clarify customer technical inquiries.
• You are a pragmatic thinker
• You have strong negotiating skills
• You can transfer knowledge with clarity
• You must be able to work with other team members and groups, work with competing priorities and possess strong customer focus
- System Integration
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.