Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Our client develops tailor made software solutions for clients in Europe based on open-source components. One of its special focus is the integration of a document management system within our customer IT landscape.
To reinforce its project teams in Belgium, our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a Java background.
As part of our client teams your key focus areas will include following tasks:
- Elaborate technical solutions to challenging business requirements;
- Deliver high-quality software, being part of a very efficient team;
- Use modern software development methods in a self-organized team;
- Work with the latest technologies;
- Learn every day while adding value to the team;
- Be part of a human sized company that cares about his employees;
- Meet the customer and understand his business in order to provide the best fitted software;
- Passionate about software development and open-source technologies;
- Efficient and autonomous;
- Focused on software development, highly interested in clean code and modern software architecture;
- Curious about emerging technologies and frameworks;
- Communicate designs in a clear way, sharing technical solutions with others;
- Comfortable with customers, can explain complex technical matters in a didactic way;
- Holding a relevant master degree (in computer science, engineering, mathematics, ...);
- French or Dutch speaking, with a good command of English.
Specific experience sought
- A relevant master degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc).
- Approx. 5 years field experience in software development
While we believe a good grasp of concepts is more important than specific technologies, we expect you have gained hands-on experience with the following parts of the Java ecosystem:
- Java 9 and up
- One of the biggest Java frameworks like Spring, Micronaut, Quarkus (or even Vert.x) and their underlying concepts (JPA, Hibernate, bean-validation, inversion of control, ...).
- Build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
- Testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito or Spock.
- REST/JSON services and how to build and consume them in Java.
Of course, generic software engineering experience is important too:
- Issue tracking tools (Redmine, Jira, ...)
- Version control (git)
- Productivity tools (IDE's)
- Agile methods
We also value additional experience in the following areas:
- CI/CD, DevOps
- XML-based editorial systems
- A friendly and dynamic work environment where your unique competencies will be highly appreciated;
- The flexibility and opportunities of a human-sized company;
- Regular trainings and development opportunities, adapted to your needs;
- A complete and attractive salary package.