Network & Security Engineer
We are looking a Network Engineer who has strong experience in network segmentation. In this position you will be part of a strategic project to implement network segmentation for the OT networks. You will assist the project with your technical knowledge to implement the network segmentation in line with the agreed design.
In the project you will be responsible for :
- Low level design based on the agreed standards and high-level design
- Work closely together with the network partners to configure and optimize the firewall setup.
- Implementation and configuration of the different network components
- Hypercare after implementation
- Documentation of the setup
- Handover to the IT ops support team
Together with the project team you ensure that the network segmentation for the OT networks is implemented according to the agreed design, timeline and budget, balance business wishes against security and integrity aspects.
You ensure that the new setup is documented and handed over to the support team, allowing them to guarantee the expected availability and stability for this critical environment. You will build a runbook to facilitate and optimize future network segmentations. The candidate should demonstrate awareness of networking and security challenges faced in manufacturing/ industrial/ process control landscapes.
You have a broad knowledge in :
- Cisco LAN & WLAN technologies
- WAN: both MPLS & SDWAN
- Firewall: Checkpoint
- Advanced network knowledge: Routing, Subnetting, VLAN, SNMP etc.
- Knowledge of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP etc.
- External DNS and PKI certificates
- Basic security principles: Defence in depth, trust domains, least privilege
- Diverse range of connected devices
- Higher education or equivalent experience.
- You are passionate about technology and more specific technologies around network
- Fluency in English, spoken and written is a must
- ITIL Certification
- Technology certifications are a plus Experience
- + 5 years of experience working for a large company Country & city description
You will be located in Wilrijk, Belgium. Given the nature of the project, mainly onsite presence is required.