For one of my clients in the payment sector, i am looking for a Network engineer
The Network team is responsible for running, designing, configuring and implementing the network infrastructure. Customer focus must be the number one mindset.
The team is working in a complex multi-disciplinary infrastructure of Cisco switches and routers, Cisco ASA, Infoblox, Checkpoint firewalls and F5 load balancers. Knowledge of either one of the technologies is required. The team is responsible for the entire network infrastructure.
As a Senior Network Engineer your job will be to:
- Align with business and projects regarding demands, (service) requests and new services;
- Assess new requests based on architecture standards, policies and regulation;
- Design and implementation of Low Level (detailed) Designs, test and acceptance of (new) network infrastructures and tooling;
- Align designs with other Teams within the Technical Engineering department.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of major incidents;
- Prepare (plan) network changes for CAB approval and deployment;
- Deploy network changes;
- Take care of design capacity and estimation models, point out bottlenecks and formulate advices;
- Advise internal and external relations regarding optimization and infrastructure components by participating in Domain Committees in order to align Global architectures;
- Participate in international projects.
You are able to:
- Work effectively to complete assignments in group settings;
- Work cooperatively to achieve common goals, act in the interest of the organization without letting personal interests prevail;
- Take a co-operative approach with a positive attitude with others and share information and knowledge;
- Work with integrity, meaning working in such a way that the job is executed properly, transparently, carefully and complying with the applicable laws, regulations, policies and Code of Conduct;
- Hold yourself and others responsible for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determine objectives, set priorities.
- Implement changes out of office hours and be available for standby duties on a rotating schedule.
What do you have to offer?
You are an experienced Senior Network Engineer who is used to act in a dynamic, high pressure international environment. You have:
- Higher vocational education or work & thinking level;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Network Engineer in a complex, preferably international environment;
- Broad knowledge of several process & technical network areas like Prince II, ITIL V3, Cisco Routing and switching, Cisco ASA, Infoblox, F5 Load balancing, Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Automation using Ansible
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in design and engineering of network infrastructures;
- You are speaking English on a professional technical level, French and/or Dutch is a plus.