Medior/Senior JAVA Developer - International Environment
Medior/Senior JAVA Software Engineer - International Environment
Our client is well known in Belgium and it is the world's biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation. They are present in over 45 countries.
Located in Brussels and close to a train station, this opportunity will allow you to have a perfect work-life balance as it is easily accessible by public transport.
Do trust, transparency, passion, creativity, autonomy, collaboration, work-life balance, diversity and flexible working hours appeal to you? Look no further, because this company lives these values strongly through all its teams, customers and partners.
By joining this company, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team of 35 young, motivated and international people. All of them experts in their fields and continuously helping each other and sharing their knowledge.
The employees of this company often make a career here and quickly become experts in their field, especially due to their multiple trainings around different technologies.
Medior/Senior JAVA Software Engineer - the job :
- As Java Software Engineer, you will be joining the IT department and working on the development of a complex business platform for grant management, including all steps and levels needed to manage funding opportunities (calls for projects): selection processes, evaluation and the funding of R&D and innovation projects from around the world.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance, development and implementation of applications' build, release, deployment and configuration activities.
- You work with internal business partners to gather and analyze business requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing or updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations and triaging and fixing operational issues.
- You must be able to adjust to business change (e.g. new requirements, evolving goals and strategies and emerging technologies).
- You must be able to interact, develop, engineer and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with end users, vendors, partners and all employees.
Medior/Senior JAVA Software Engineer - your profile :
- You have a bachelor degree in computer science.
- At least 3 years of relevant experiences as a Java software developer.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design + proficiency in writing unit test and integration test.
- Strong Java development background (Spring Boot, Gradle, Spring Data, Spring Security) + experienced with containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Good knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban).
- Ability to give technical support to end users and perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Ability to analyse business requirements and recommend technical solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Solid organisational skills, attentive to details, good multitasking and time-management.
- Ability to think outside the box, devising new approaches to make improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Medior/Senior JAVA Software Engineer - Your future package :
- An attractive salary depending on your profile.
- Health insurance, group insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, transport expenses, net expenses...
- Extensive training opportunities.