IT lead (Aug-e)
IT lead (Aug-e)
We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
A few days ago, Proximus & Besix announced that together with BESIX and i.Leco NV, we have created aug∙e, a new leader in the fields of smart building and energy transition
Aug∙e is a start-up that connects the physical building to a series of useful digital applications that allow building users and facility managers to optimise energy consumption and reduce carbon footprint, which will help combat climate change, to improve comfort in the workplace and to facilitate efficient operations. In other words, aug∙e is a company devoted to making the energy transition happen!
In order to support our ambitions and accelerate the growth of aug∙e, Proximus wants to upscale and reinforce the management structure by appointing a Chief Technical Officer. In this context, we are looking for an experienced leader, a technology expert with a strong management and business acumen and with a passion for sustainability.
As the CTO, you will play a key role in growing the company, both in size and maturity. You will manage all technical aspects of the organisation and will ensure that these are in line with our growth ambitions for aug∙e.
The ideal candidate should have a deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure as we consider Azure to be a vital pillar in our growth because of its robustness, reliability, high security standards and scalability.
Main responsibilities of the CTO:
- You will drive the technology strategy and technology stack architecture of aug∙e solution portfolio.
- You will define and deliver with your team the solution roadmap, made in collaboration with the business, and according to the business plan and budget.
- You'll make sure that all developments are in line with our vision and strategy of aug∙e.
- You will build and manage a high performing team with the following roles: developers, architect, business/functional analyst, project manager...
- Your will define and implement the sourcing strategy (build/buy, inhouse/outsource). In this context, you will select and integrate 3rd party suppliers and pan European partners (relationship management, vendor evaluation, etc.)
- As IT lead, you will be responsible for the quality assurance and monitoring of the product (uptime, performance) and GDPR processes and the IT budget
- You will drive and support the aug∙e business development team on platform related topics during preparation of the offers, customer presentations, project deployment, running operations
- You are an Azure-trendwatcher, you'll keep a close eye on cloud evolutions and share your knowledge with colleagues. In this context, you'll not only help our customers to make the transition to the cloud, but you'll also challenge their status quo and help them to innovate.
Which type of candidate are we looking for?
- You have a proven professional experience in leading technology development and leveraging a team, ideally in a start-up / scale-up environment.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in designing and building solutions that run on Azure
- Experience with Azure digital twins and an interest in real estate is a plus
- You are knowledgeable in mobile app, cloud (AWS) and hardware integration technology (AI experience is a plus).
- You master the latest software development technologies & methodologies (SaaS, API's, integration…)
- Microsoft certifications is a must
- Hands on mentality
- You have an appetite for sustainability and innovation
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English and Dutch and French
What's in it for you?
- Possibility to shape the future of the energy market and be proud about your work/impact.
- A position in a growing, international start-up, with a flat hierarchy.
- A function where personal development is important.
- You will be part of an international team of experienced and highly motivated colleagues.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers. We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.