Our client is the internationally leading software and consulting company for production management solutions in the steel and aluminium industry. Their core product combines supply chain management, advanced planning & scheduling, production execution and logistics optimization.
They are looking for an IT Consultant who can work with their client to implement their solution.
In this role of IT Consultant, you will work closely with business experts, project stakeholders, and solution delivery teams to specify, design, implement, test, document, and deliver solutions to specific clients. This includes system monitoring, troubleshooting, and issue resolution:
- Analyze customer needs and translate them into solution design and specifications.
- Assist clients in the implementation, customization, and commissioning of the client solutions within a team of qualified developers and consultants.
- Build a relationship of trust with the client and become a trusted partner to their team.
- Develop expertise to advise and design client's production processes and system landscape.
- Train and support the client in the daily operation of your solution.
- Continuously improve ongoing implementations.
- Organize customer workshops and presentations on specific solution modules.
- Curiosity to learn new domains, follow industry innovation, and constantly ask "why."
Mandatory for the role:
- You must be fluent in French and English.
- At least 3 years of experience in system implementation.
- Located in Belgium or willing to relocate.
- Degree in engineering/computer science/integrated manufacturing or related disciplines.
- Willingness to travel a significant portion of your time (40% as a reference) and work on-site with our clients.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to professionally interact with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- 100% proficient in any programming language and willing to code as part of your work.
The elements that can make a difference:
- Knowledge or experience in MES systems is definitely a plus.
- Experience in integration with ERP and L2 systems.
- Knowledge or experience in planning and scheduling (APS systems).
- Knowledge or experience in transportation, warehouse, logistics, or supply chain management systems.
- Knowledge or experience in the metals industry.
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, or JAVA development.
- Understanding of different software development lifecycles, e.g., Agile, Waterfall.
- To join one of the world's leaders in industrial software engineering, with an excellent market position.
- A long-term career path, with plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development.
- The chance to make a real difference in a growing team.
- A performance-oriented salary.
- Challenging projects with leading companies worldwide.
- A very good company climate in an international and diverse environment.
- The chance to join our international group of innovative people, learn from different cultures, contribute to their mutual success and take travel opportunities to visit customers or office locations.