So you think you can develop? We have some good news for you! The 2nd edition of Delen Private Bank's .NET Challenge is about to take place. Whether you are a student or an experienced .NET professional, we welcome everybody to participate and put their technical skills to the test. There’s only one common denominator: passion!
During the final you’ll get a taste of our unique culture and the opportunity to impress our jury with your X factor.
Take a leap of faith and compete for one of our fantastic prizes!
And if the mutual attraction is that undeniable, we might even offer you the opportunity to join our family.
Participation is free and online.
Jury and ambassadors
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to 15 questions. The questions will be multiple-choice with one good answer which results in 1 point. A wrong answer results in a score of 0. When you skip a question, you win nor lose points.
Students and professionals compete in separate categories.
At the end of the Challenge, you will receive the details of your score and ranking privately. As a result, participants can't share the answers.
The 40 best scores will be invited to participate in the final which takes place on 7/12/2023 at the headquarters of Delen in Antwerp.
By registering for this challenge, you agree Delen will have access to the following data:
- Name & Firstname
- Country & Location
- Email & Mobile number
Personal data is collected and processed by Delen for the following uses:
- To enable and oversee the fair competition process;
- To set up the ranking & Leaderboard
- To contact the participants and released the scores privately
- To inform the participants about .Net Career opportunities at Delen
- To contact the winners and deliver the prizes
The organizers’ servers will automatically save specific data such as address, date and time.
Who is Delen Private Bank?
Delen Private Bank specialises in wealth management for private clients. As a trailblazer in harnessing the power of IT, the bank delivers superior private banking tools that combine with an excellent personal approach to client services.
The IT department consists of 150 technology enthusiasts who run a well-oiled machine where innovation and quality perfectly balance. The Microsoft ecosystem is the heart of our IT strategy with .NET Core, AKS and SQL tools.
A few of our projects:
- Build highly maintainable, loosely coupled, independently deployable applications on our Delen microservices platform. Allow new customers to open an account online with remote signing, i.e. ITSME and digital signing solution suppliers, using our Digital Onboarding solution (Delen OnLine).
- Allow clients to use the Delen Family Services application for a complete overview of all their wealth components, chart their family situation and enable analysis, planning, and targeted advice from our experts (Delen Family Services | Delen Private Bank).
- Pull in streams of real time stock market information to facilitate our traders buying and selling on the stock market.
- We keep raising the bar on cyber security, which is an important and challenging aspect of any project: securing and encrypting customer data and documents, source code and docker container scanning, automating the least privilege principle, applying robust access policies, ...
To sustain our growth and to continue our digital journey, we’re looking for enthusiastic IT talent for a wide range of exciting projects with top-notch technologies.
You’ll be part of a dynamic and skilled team where you’ll receive all the opportunities to become the best version of yourself. We strive to make sure our people flourish in an environment where key drivers are ownership, growth, recognition and participation.
Together we’ll sculpt a fitting job where you’ll get to reach your full potential and where a win-win situation always is the desired outcome.
Lifelong learning – and especially in the IT sector – is something crucial. That’s why at Delen we continuously invest in your development. Trainings, hackatons, conferences, etc. sustain your progress and ensure the up-to-dateness of your skillset.
Last but not least, we offer a very attractive salary package with numerous extralegal advantages.
Qualification and Disqualification
We really do not want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we notice problems with the following rules or behaviour:
- Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents in Belgium to be invited to the finals and to be able to win the prizes.
- Only one registration per person (using only one profile per person) is authorized
- The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else.
- Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will nullify the registration or entail the loss of any prize.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of sensitive data, questions or solutions in relation with the Challenge, and sharing this information directly or indirectly with any other contestant before the Challenge has been closed
- Attempting to damage the website or taking actions that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the Challenge. Incidentally, this may also be considered as a legal violation, and the organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the court
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the authors of the questions, the members of the jury, and the EDITx IT educators community