Java Challenge Belgium 2022 by Capgemini
It doesn't matter whether you are a student or an experienced professional. We are very happy to give you the opportunity to showcase your Java Expertize. Put yourself on edge and take your chance. Participation is free and online. Students and professionals compete in separate categories. The best participants will be invited to the final.
- First prize Pro categ1 week Devoxx - > 950€
- First prize Student categ1 week Devoxx - > 950€
- Second Pro prize 3 days Devoxx -> 600€
- Second Student prize 3 days Devoxx -> 600€
- Third Pro prize 2 days Devoxx -> 400€
- Third Student prize 2 days Devoxx -> 400€
- For all the finalists: 50 euros vouchers (Pro and students)
Ambassadors / Jury members
Rules of the challenge
You will have 10 minutes to give the correct answer to 15 questions. The questions will be multiple-choice with one answer.
A wrong answer results in a score of 0, irrespective of the level of the question.
When you skip a question, you win nor lose points.
The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 10 minutes.
The details of your score and your ranking will be released privately to you at the end of the Challenge so that the answers cannot be shared among players during the Challenge. The answers to the questions do not take into account any adjustments or innovations that were implemented after 27/05/2022.
Data privacy & information sharing
The following personal data about the participants will be collected by EDITx: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email, telephone/mobile number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To see if everything runs according to the rules
- To set up the statboard & leaderboard at the end of the Challenge
EDITx shares the personal information of the participants with the company Capgemini and any governmental agency or authority in Belgium, should they request it (in case of irregularities).
Capgemini will use this information for the following purposes:
- To contact all participants to share their results
- To contact the top participants to invite them for the finals
- To contact participants about future intern or job opportunities
Qualification and Disqualification
We really do not want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we notice problems with the following rules or behaviour:
- Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents in Belgium to be invited to the finals and to be able to win the prizes.
- Only one registration per person (using only one profile per person) is authorized
- The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else.
- Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will nullify the registration or entail the loss of any prize.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of sensitive data, questions or solutions in relation with the Challenge, and sharing this information directly or indirectly with any other contestant before the Challenge has been closed
- Attempting to damage the website or taking actions that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the Challenge. Incidentally, this may also be considered as a legal violation, and the organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the court
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the authors of the questions, the members of the jury, and the EDITx IT educators community