IoT Challenge Belgium 2022 by Colruyt Group IT
The IoT challenge by Colruyt Group IT is a contest designed to inspire creative and enthousiastic Internet of Things fans located in Belgium.
The first round is played online. Registration is free and open during the entire duration of the Challenge.
The 20 best participants will be invited to the finale on 8/12/2022.
The IoT challenge was launched during IT Connect - event powered by Colruyt Group IT | Colruyt Group.
Ambassadors / Jury members
Rules of the challenge
You will have 10 minutes to give the correct answer to 15 questions. The questions will be multiple-choice with only one good answer. The questions will be provided by specialised academics and professionals, who will also be the jury of the Challenge.
When you skip a question or give a wrong answer, you win nor lose points.
In case of a tie, the timeframe to answer the questions will determine the order in the leaderboard.
About Colruyt Group IT
From building applications to managing projects from start to finish, Colruyt Group IT has all IT jobs covered. With a team of some 2,000 IT professionals in Belgium, France and India, we pioneer new technologies and digital innovations. From blockchain and artificial intelligence to virtual reality, robotisation and the Internet of Things. For all our store formulas and supporting activities. We are ready for tomorrow.
What does Colruyt Group's IT department do?
Develop: we build a large part of our IT systems, applications and solutions ourselves. Tailor-made for our company.
Support: a project is not finished after delivery. We provide IT support during the usage phase, solutions for technical and functional problems, updates, improvements, etc.
Collaboration: for the solutions we don't develop ourselves, we work with the right business partners.
Integration: we excel at integrating purchased IT solutions with our existing business systems and data.
Inspiration: we want to be the first to know about new trends and technologies in the IT sector. We proactively scan the market, try out new things and build prototypes in our own lab.
Data privacy & information sharing
By registering for this challenge, you agree to the transfer of your data to Colruyt Group IT. The following personal data about the participants will be collected and processed:
- Country & Location
- Email & Mobile number
Personal data is collected and processed by Colruyt Group IT for the following uses:
- To enable and oversee the fair competition process
- To set up the ranking & Leaderboard
- To contact the participants and released the scores privately
- To inform the participants about IoT Career opportunities
- To contact the winners and deliver the prizes
The organizers’ servers will automatically save specific data such as address, date and time.
All personal data will be collected and used in accordance with the Colruyt privacy notice which can be found here.
Qualification and Disqualification
We really do not want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we notice problems with the following rules or behaviour:
- Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents in Belgium to be invited to the finals and to be able to win the prizes.
- Colruyt employees are allowed to participate but can not win the prizes
- Only one registration per person (using only one profile per person) is authorized
- The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else.
- Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will nullify the registration or entail the loss of any prize.