Big Data Challenge Belgium 2022 by De Lijn
Welcome to the first Big Data Challenge organized by De Lijn!
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to 15 questions. The questions will be multiple-choice with one correct answer. A wrong answer results in a score of 0. When you skip a question, you will receive no points. The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 15 minutes.
Follow the steps to participate:
- Sign up on Sign in on your profile
- Press Start
- You will see your score right after your participation
- The details of your score will be released privately to you just after the online phase
Rules of the challenge
The participant can only compete in their own name and not for someone else.
De Lijn will announce the ranking at the end of the First Round. The scores will be released privately to the participants at the end of the online challenge. The top performers will be invited to a Final where they have a chance to win the prizes.
Prizes to win: coming soon!
Data privacy & information sharing
By registering for this challenge, you agree to the transfer of your data to De Lijn, who may contact you and with whom you can exercise your rights via the address. The following personal data about the participants will be collected and processed:
- Country & Location
- Email & Mobile number
Personal data is collected and processed by De Lijn for the following uses:
- To enable and oversee the fair competition process
- To set up the ranking & Leaderboard
- To contact the participants and released the scores privately
- To inform the participants about Bid Data career opportunities at De Lijn
- To contact the winners and deliver the prizes
The organizers’ servers will automatically save specific data such as score, date and time.
Qualification and Disqualification
We really do not want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we notice problems with the following rules or behaviour:
- Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents in Belgium to be invited to the finals and to be able to win the prizes.
- Only one registration per person (using only one profile per person) is authorized
- The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else.
- Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will nullify the registration or entail the loss of any prize.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of sensitive data, questions or solutions in relation with the Challenge, and sharing this information directly or indirectly with any other contestant before the Challenge has been closed
- Attempting to damage the website or taking actions that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the Challenge. Incidentally, this may also be considered as a legal violation, and the organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the court