Java Challenge UK is a challenge designed to inspire creative and dynamic Java Students & Professionals located in the United Kingdom.
For 6 weeks, Java lovers will compete to win the title of Java Champion of the United Kingdom. The contest takes 15 minutes during which one's the participants have to answer to as many questions as they can. Only participants located in the United Kingdom can win the prizes but every-one can participate.
- Java Fundamentals
- Java Foundations
- Java Programming
How to participate ?
Registration is free and open during the entire duration of the challenge.
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to as many questions as you can. The questions will be multiple-choice with one or several good answers.
The on-line test contains maximum 17 questions with 3 levels of difficulty: 7 easy questions, 6 medium questions and 4 difficult questions with an associated score 1, 2 or 3 points, if answered correctly. A wrong answer results in a score of (-1) irrespective the level of the question. The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 15 minutes. When you skip a question, you win nor lose points.
The contest allows the usage of three ‘jokers’: the "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out half of the answers, the "Ask the challengers", whereby the percentage of the challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you and the "bonus question / Ask a friend", in which the challenger sends a bonus question to one friend during the challenge, after which the friend provides input and the score is adapted accordingly.
After you complete the Java Challenge, you will see your result for that Challenge immediately, but not the answers. The details of your score and your ranking will be released in your userboard at the end of the challenge so that the answers can't be shared among players during the Challenge.
If you are ranked in the TOP 100 participants of the UK challenge
If you are ranked among the top 100 participants, your name, first name and score will be posted on the leaderboard and visible to all the challengers.
Rules of the Challenge
Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents of the United Kingdom to be invited to win the prizes but all the Java fans are more than welcome on the challenge. At the end, there will be 2 leaderboards:
- Worldwide leaderboard
- United Kingdom Leaderboard
One registration per person is authorized. The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else. Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will invalid the registration or entail the loss of the Prize.
Data privacy & Information Sharing
The challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx. The following personal data about the participants will be collected by EDITx: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To monitor the correct competition process
- To analyse and optimise EDITx
- To set up the statboard & leaderboard at the end of the challenge
EDITx shares the personal information (last name, first name, mobile and email) of the participants with, and only with, the sponsor of the challenge, the members of the jury, and any governmental agency or authority in the UK, should they request it (in case of irregularities).
Infomentum, the sponsor of the challenge will use this information for the following purposes:
- To contact all participants to share challenge results
- To contact the top three participants to award them prizes
- To contact participants about future intern or job opportunities with the sponsor
Infomentum is a London-based business full of technology enthusiasts, who help other organisations on their journey to digital transformation. They are best known for their expertise in working with leading technology vendors, with Java being the core programming language .They combine this with their business consulting skills, to deliver personalised technology-driven paths for businesses, giving them a competitive edge in their industries. The Infomentum team are a sociable group of people from all over the world, speaking 25 languages, and sharing a passion for making change work.
For more information about infomentum, please visit the website: https://www.infomentum.com/
We really don’t want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we catch you doing any of the following:
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally, this may also be considered as a legal violation, and the organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the authors of the questions, the members of the Jury, and the EDITx IT educators community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating in the challenge.
EDITx Regulation and general conditions
Challenge closed !
- Ask the challengers
- Ask a friend
- 1st Prize Student & Professional: £800 flight voucher for use on your choice of over 300 airlines
- 2nd Student & Professional: £500 voucher to be used for an experience of your choice. You could; have a romantic getaway, experience a supercar driving track day, spend a weekend glamping in a treehouse or more!
- 3rd Student & Professional: £250 Amazon gift voucher