From January to March 2020, Vlerick Business School organises the first IT Management Challenge of Belgium. The IT Management Challenge is a competition that helps professionals and students to understand how to manage the strategy, processes and organisation of information technology and to test their knowledge.
Who should participate in the challenge?
- A business employee in one of the many functional areas of a company, working closely with IT
- An IT employee, who would like to move up to a management function
- A project manager or staff member, working on infrastructures or applications
- You work in an SME and seek to further incorporate IT more extensively into the company’s growth pattern
- You are employed in a service or production environment, in the private or public sector
But anyone else is also more than welcome.
The finals will take place with the 20 best participants at Vlerick HQ in Brussels on the 4th of March.
The former participants of the program can not win the prizes.
1st: Free seat* in the Mastering IT Management programme at Vlerick Business School (value: 5495 euro)
2d: Study voucher* towards the Mastering IT Management programme at Vlerick (value: 2650 euro)
3d: Study voucher* towards Mastering IT Management programme at Vlerick (value: 1987.50 euro)
Hungry for more expertise in IT Management?
How do you manage the strategy, processes and organisation of information technology? How do you align business and IT?
During the executive programme Mastering IT Management you will discover the key management concepts of IT. In this programme we offer you valuable and practice-oriented knowledge that will allow you to take on the challenges of IT Management. This 6-day programme is organised in Brussels on 16 - 18 March 2020 & 30 March - 1 April 2020
* Vlerick has the right to conduct a selection procedure based on the CV and/or interview to guarantee that the participant’s profile is relevant for the programme. The offered amount can be redeemed only towards the programme ‘Mastering IT Management programme’, edition 2020.
Rules of the Challenge
Participants must be residents in Belgium and be over 18 years old to win the prizes. One registration per person is authorised. The participant can only compete in his name and not for someone else. Personal information of the participant can be verified through different sources. Personal data must be accurate. Inaccurate or deliberately false information given by the participant will disqualify the registration and lead to the loss of the Prize.
You will have 10 minutes to give the correct answer to 20 questions. The questions are multiple-choice with one or several right answer.
You are allowed to use two jokers during the Challenge. The "50/50" that forces the computer to eliminate half of the answers. The "Ask the Challengers," that shows you the percentage of the challengers that chose each particular answer.
The online test contains questions with one level of difficulty: Medium with an associated score of 2 points if answered correctly. The total score will be the cumulative score of the answers. A wrong answer always gives the same score (-1). When you pass on a question, you neither win nor lose points.
Topics of the questions :
- Agile / Scrum
- IT Services Management
- IT Outsourcing
- Digital Resilience
- Big Data Analytics
In the context of this competition, the following personal data about the participants will be collected and processed: name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number LinkedIn (if applicable). The organizers’ servers will automatically save specific data such as address, date and time. Personal data is collected and processed for the following uses:
- To enable and oversee the competition process;
- To analyze and optimize EDITx
- To set up the Statboard & Leaderboard at the end of the challenge
EDITx shares the personal information (Last Name, First Name, Mobile and Email) of the participants with and only with the Vlerick and with any governmental agency or Authority or authority at their request (in case of irregularities).
Any of the following reasons will justify an elimination from the Challenge:
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of information, questions or solutions connected to the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the Challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may harm the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally, this can also be considered as a legal violation, and the Organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the Court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belongs to the Authors of the questions (Professors of the Vlerick Business School) & EDITx IT Educators Community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating in the challenge.