The Dekimo C/C++ Challenge is a contest designed to inspire creative and enthousiastic C/C++ Students & Professionals located in Belgium or The Netherlands. It is also a unique opportunity to fight an epic battle between Belgium and The Netherlands in the field of C/C++ programming: it's not about the best soccer team, it's all about the best software engineers!!
The first round is played online. The students and the professionals will compete in separate leagues so that everyone gets a fair chance in competing to be crowned as C/C++ Champion.
Registration is free and open during the entire duration of the Challenge.
At the end of the online round, the top 30 players will be invited for the finals.
- The 15 best Professionals
- The 15 best Students
The finals are intended to determine the top player in each league.
They will take place on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 starting at 18:30 at the EDITx headquarters in Brussels (more details will follow).
There are cool prizes to be won in the form of gift vouchers that you can spend freely (preferably on smart electronics, of course)!
Scores calculation and Jokers
You will have 15 minutes to give the correct answer to 18 questions. The questions will be multiple-choice (never more than 4 choices maximum) with only one good answer. The questions will be provided by specialised academics and professionals, who will also be the jury of the Challenge.
The online test contains a maximum of 18 questions with 3 levels of difficulty and an associated score of 1, 2 or 3 points, if answered correctly.
- 7 easy questions, 1 point
- 7 medium questions, 2 points
- 4 difficult questions, 3 points
A wrong answer results in a score of minus 1, irrespective of the level of the question. When you skip a question, you win nor lose points. The total score will be the cumulative score of all questions answered within the set timeframe of 15 minutes.
The contest allows the usage of two ‘jokers’
- The "Double my chances", forcing the online test to take out half of the possible answers to a question
- The "Ask the challengers", where the percentage of the other challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you and
Results, Data privacy & Information Sharing
The details of your score and your ranking will only be released in your userboard at the end of the Challenge so that the answers cannot be shared among players during the Challenge.
The Challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx.
The following personal data about the participants will be collected by EDITx: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email, telephone/mobile number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To monitor the competition process (to see if everything runs according to the rules)
- To analyse and optimise EDITx
- To set up the statboard & leaderboard at the end of the Challenge
EDITx shares the personal information of the participants (last name, first name, mobile and email) with, and only with the the company Dekimo, the members of the jury, and any governmental agency or authority in Belgium or The Netherlands, should they request it (in case of irregularities).
Dekimo, the sponsor of the Challenge will use this information for the following purposes:
- To contact all participants to share Challenge results
- To contact the top participants to invite them for the finals
- To contact participants about future intern or job opportunities
Dekimo is a well-known electronics and software services supplier, mainly active in Belgium and the Netherlands. With more than 275 engineers, it consists of design houses for electronics and software development, a consultancy service (Dekimo Experts), a PCB layout service, a prototype service, a PCB manufacturing facility, and a full-blown testlab (EMC, LVD, CE,…). In other words, Dekimo can cover the whole process of electronics and software solution development. Its customers represent a wide range of sectors: networks & telecom, transport (land, water, air, space), healthcare, (e)banking, security, defense, home automation, audio/video devices, consumer & professional electronics.
For more information about Dekimo, please visit the website: www.dekimo.com.
Qualification and Disqualification
We really do not want to disqualify you, but sadly we will have to, if we notice problems with the following rules or behaviour:
- Participants must be over 18 years old and be residents in Belgium or The Netherlands to be invited to the finals and to be able to win the prizes.
- Only one registration per person (using only one profile per person) is authorized
- The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else.
- Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate. Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will nullify the registration or entail the loss of any prize.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of sensitive data, questions or solutions in relation with the Challenge, and sharing this information directly or indirectly with any other contestant before the Challenge has been closed
- Attempting to damage the website or taking actions that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the Challenge. Incidentally, this may also be considered as a legal violation, and the organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the court
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the authors of the questions, the members of the jury, and the EDITx IT educators community
EDITx Regulation and general conditions