Infrastructure Architect (Remote work possible)
Who we are
At XPLUS, we have over 100 consultants in a tight-knit community of architects and program managers. Our consultants work at the biggest clients on core programs. We value knowledge-sharing and collaboration very highly, so each consultant continues to develop. And when we're done working and learning, there's still room for some fun on the occasional get-together.
About the role
As Infrastructure Architect you play a critical role in figuring out how all the IT infrastructure components get connected and work together. These components include hardware, system software, application platforms, technical services, … You make sure that the introduction of new technology and phasing out older technology occurs with minimal risk to the organization.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Translate a (complex) business or IT problem into solution building blocks on the technology layer.
- Assist other project stakeholders in capturing system requirements.
- Clearly understand and document the boundaries (scope) of the system and the architecturally significant concerns (driving requirements).
- Define and document the architecture by describing the architectural decisions and architectural views that have been developed to address the concerns of the stakeholders.
Who you are
You have minimum 7 years of experience in Infrastructure Architecture or a proven track record of at least 10 years in IT within a large organization:
- You play with modelling techniques using industry standard notations (ArchiMate, UML...) and tools (Sparx EA).
- You have a degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- You are bitten by technology, and passionate to keep up-to-date with evolving technologies.
- If you like to make other people grow in your team or our community, then we get even more excited about you.
Curious how you can become an XPLUSser?
- First, we have a discussion where we take the time to understand what you have done so far, but especially where you want to go.
- If we feel the right click, we take you through an assessment by one of our senior architects which results in a report on where you are as an architect.
- Then we have a look on which package (as freelancer or employee) and project is suitable for you