Functional Analyst - Gaming industry
As Functional Analyst you are assigned to a development squad and responsible for determining the needs of the users and for building functional designs in line with those needs. You work closely with the product owner and communicate requirements to the software engineers. You estimate and advise on resource planning, follow up on the development process and guide testers.
- You determine needs and requirements in consultation with the product owner(s).
- You build functional designs in consultation with the application architect or the dedicated technical lead in your squad.
- You write user stories and test scenarios.
- You organize estimation sessions and advise resource planning.
- You coordinate the development process according to agile principles and in close collaboration with the product owner and the squad lead.
- You report to your dedicated squad lead.
- You obtained a higher degree in Computer Sciences, ICT Engineering or similar.
- You have several years of professional experience in a similar role, ideally in the e-commerce or game development industry.
- You are an outstanding communicator who uses appropriate language at all levels -both spoken and written- in English, and (ideally) in Dutch.
- You are experienced in working according to Agile principles (scrum, kanban).
- You are aware of the software development lifecycle and engineering processes.
- You have excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- You are an advanced user of the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence etc.).
- You have an innovative mindset, you are creative as well as rigorous with an eye for detail while always keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- You are an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- You have a good sense of urgency, excellent prioritization skills and are capable of working in a high pressure, fast moving environment.
- You are a team player who derives satisfaction from working closely with others.