Full stack Python developer
Full Stack Python Software Developer
Do you want to be part of solving a worldwide challenge, namely the energy transition towards sustainability?
Are you passionate about software development and digital technologies?
If so, come and join the team, help the energy transition by working on innovative R&D projects and help the company build great digital solutions with elegant software architectures and new technologies. Here is the profile that our client is looking for:
Working for our Digital Department
Their Digital department develops digital solutions to support the sustainability transition in the energy sector. They design and develop software as a service integrating the different activities of the company to help and empower their customers.
Their teams are specialized in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Measurement Systems, Software and Embedded Software Engineering, Instrumentation & Control, and Industrial Cyber Security. Altogether, they develop solutions for both external customers and for the company business lines.
Their solutions for customers are typically the outcome of close collaborations between business colleagues (energy experts), product owners, and digital experts. They provide solutions of different types such as industrialized software (for commercial solution), prototypes or proofs of concepts (for R&D projects) and various digital services to help people to be more efficient and propose new services.
Context of the job
They are currently in the process of scaling up their development team while implementing agile more professionally. By the end of this year, the company expect to have a team of a dozen developers divided into 3 sub-teams. These teams have different focuses and ways of working depending on the business they provide service for.
In this context, they are looking for a full stack Software Developer, mastering Python (or willing to learn it), open-source technologies and AWS.
As a Software developer
You play an active role in projects, mostly energy-related, where technology innovation plays a fundamental role in digital solutions:
- You participate in every phase of the digital solution lifecycle: actively contributing to the development at every step; grasping the real problem, designing technically the most relevant solution;
- You strongly collaborate with digital colleagues (software, embedded software, math, product owners) and colleagues of the company (mostly engineers and technicians) in a fast-paced, agile environment, as a team, committed to delivering maximum business value to the end customer.
You may be the company future colleague if you…
- Excel in programming: importance of code quality; correctness of algorithms and code; code clarity & comments; code reusability; unit testing; correct use of design patterns.
- Are an expert in a programming language (preference for Python or Java under Linux), including the understanding of the behind-the-scene operations performed by the language. Expertise in the following technologies is a plus: Gitlab, Vagrant, Conda, Ansible, Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, AWS cloud, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Elastic search, Nginx, Flask, swagger, pytest, oAuth2, SSO, NewRelic, Fluentd, …
- Have a passion for elegant solutions and you have an eye for detail and correctness.
- Are a real teamplayer, you involve colleagues, give support, share information and are not afraid to give constructive feedback;
- Are able to convey a clear message with impact and adapt your communication to your interlocutor
In your experience…
- You’ve graduated with a University Master degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- You have learnt to be fluent in English and ideally either French or Dutch
What’s in it for you ?
- Agile solutions development. You will have the opportunity to develop fully workable solutions from scratch as they support the whole chain of development (from on-the-field data acquisition to cloud data processing). Many solutions are developed in close collaboration with the final users (the company colleagues) making the development process dynamic and motivating
- Advanced technological environment. We’ve adopted a micro-service oriented architecture with a strong focus on continuous integration and deployment. Infrastructure as a code and automated testing are the cornerstone of our devops methodology. Some keywords elements of our technological environment: Python, Gitlab, Ansible, Docker, AWS, Kafka, Elastic cloud, MongoDB, nginx, newRelic,… We use tools as Jira, Salesforce and Office 365 for project follow-up and communication.
- Great work environment. Flexible working hours, flat company structure where everyone can have their say, access to professional training platform, and possibility to attend tech conferences, a great working site for the Nature lovers.
- Salary package involving extra-legal perks. Such as: collective and individual bonus, meal vouchers, representation costs, company car, healthcare insurance, pension plan, cell phone with data plan, 34 holidays,...
Curious about the company
Their headquarters are located near Brussels, and they also operate branch offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
Who are their clients? their client offers services to all players in the electricity sector. Electricity producers and grid operators are among our historical customers, but their offer does not end there: They also serve the industry in its broadest sense, as well as communities and the public sector.