As a Field Engineer at Telenet, you are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Telenet’s backbone and core network at IP, transmission and Digital TV level.
- You take care of new hardware & software implementations on the Telenet core network at various locations. Your goal is to bring new services and equipment into service in a timely manner.
- You’re in charge of inventory and proactive & reactive maintenance of all core network elements (coax, IP, Tx as well as optical, cwdm and dwdm) at the various locations. Your goal is to minimise any failures.
- You work in close collaboration with colleagues inside and outside the department to increase efficiency and improve operations.
- There’s a project management component to this role (planning the various steps and working independently to deliver within agreed deadlines, communicate about your progress to other stakeholders in the project, taking full end-to-end responsibility of your tasks within the project, ...)
- You take part in a rotation schedule for 24/7 support and supervision over planned works
When you hear the name Telenet Business, you know a lot of professionals are relying on them. So their services need to be top notch, with a minimum of failures. That’s where you come in.
Our ideal candidate shows a profound interest in networks and systems and preferably has enjoyed an education in this field. They look forward to a customer-facing role with a lot of flexibility and independence.
- You’re technically proficient within the broader network environment
- You speak Dutch and English or French and English
- You have a distinct ‘can do’ mentality and you feel comfortable in an operational environment, with its various challenges and surprises
- You’re a true team player, but you don’t mind working independently on site
- You’re flexible and don’t mind spending a lot of time on the road
- You’re open to traveling
- You’re customer-friendly, with a healthy dose of assertiveness
Exellys isn’t your typical recruiting or consulting agency, we’re a different breed. We are a tech talent incubator, which is every bit as cool as it sounds. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- You’ll join an awesome community and enter one of our Smart Programs, based on where you are in your career and where you want to go. Did we mention you’ll get a personal coach as well?
- Next to a generous monthly salary, you'll receive a company car or a flexible mobility budget and tons of other benefits (pension, daily compensations, etc.)
- You’ll spend most of the time at (y)our client’s, except for regular Exellys trainings, fun events, tribe meet-ups, after works, knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
After two years of coaching and upskilling from Exellys, you’ll get the opportunity to join (y)our client’s organization as an internal employee. Or if you prefer to stay with us, you could explore our follow-up Smart Programs as well.
The client being, Telenet.
At Telenet, you’ll be joining a company that invests in you and adapts to your needs. That way, you can develop yourself fully while guarding over your work-life balance. We support your personal growth by offering many internal mobility possibilities and learning opportunities. You’ll be enjoying a job with a lot of variation, in which you achieve tangible results and see the impact of your work. Last but not least, you’ll be joining a team of wonderful colleagues who are just as passionate about their work as you are.
- Over 3,400 employees
- Head office in Mechelen
- Founded in 1996