Data Science Engineer
P&T has recently deployed a cloud data platform to derive value from raw data and support all of P> in their day-to-day operational and decision making processes. As Data Science Engineer, you will be responsible for the entire data platform, starting from Databricks PySpark code to ingest raw data into the delta lake, until the visualisation of the actionable information contained in this data.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Team up with business analyst to design and implement ETL packages and dimensional models for self-service BI solutions
- Implement those ETL packages in PySpark on Databricks
- Extend existing data models according to new requirements
- Act as primary contact for Corporate IT and Umicore Centres of Expertise during all system implementations
- Adopt new techniques and technologies in the fast evolving data landscape (lifelong learning)
In this role, you will bring the different P&T departments to the next level in terms of digitalisation and standardisation, helping Umicore to become a truly data-driven organisation. A next challenge on your growth path could be involvement in the development of AI applications, to further support the P&T vision of advanced data-driven decision making.
Umicore, a global materials and technology group focused on reducing harmful emissions, is currently looking for a Data Science Engineer for the Purchasing & Transportation (P&T) business unit.
preferably you are/have a:
- Master’s degree in applied computer sciences, information technology sciences, engineering, mathematics or economy
- First relevant work experience in ETL and Datawarehouse domains, preferably in a service-driven, customer-oriented environment
- Technical knowledge:
- Programming (Python, SQL, Scala)
- Azure Cloud (Synapse Serverless, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Server, Azure DevOps, Databricks)
- Data visualisation (PowerBI, Tableau, QlikSense)
- Dimensional modelling
- DevOps, CI/CD, Git
- Testing (unit, integration, regression)
- Agile way of working (Scaled Agile Framework)
Don’t tick every box? That’s not a problem at all. As long as you’re eager to learn and passionate about data and software, we’d love to meet you.
Exellys isn’t your typical recruiting or consulting agency, we’re a different breed. We are a tech talent incubator, which is every bit as cool as it sounds. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- You’ll join an awesome community and enter one of our Smart Programs, based on where you are in your career and where you want to go. Did we mention you’ll get a personal coach as well?
- Next to a generous monthly salary, you'll receive a company car or a flexible mobility budget and tons of other benefits (pension, daily compensations, etc.)
- You’ll spend most of the time at (y)our client’s, except for regular Exellys trainings, fun events, tribe meet-ups, after works, knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
After two years of coaching and upskilling from Exellys, you’ll get the opportunity to join (y)our client’s organisation as an internal employee. Or if you prefer to stay with us, you could explore our follow-up Smart Programs as well.
While working for Exellys you will be employed at Umicore.
Umicore has been named Top Employer in Belgium for the 17th consecutive time. "Our people and their talents are our greatest asset, so we will continue to invest in them," says Geert Walschap, HR director.
Umicore’s mission is to reduce harmful vehicle emissions, give new life to used metals and power the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We strive to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, imagine what you could do?
- 11.050 colleagues
- 46 production sites
- 15 R&D technical sites
- 5 continents
Are you interested in learning more about the job? About Exellys? About our remuneration package or training programs? Hit the apply button and we’ll tell you all about it. Don’t hesitate, just go for it!