Data Governance Coordinator
Our client is a worldwide Maritime leader in container handling with a Headquarter in Antwerp The group participates in port projects across Asia, Europe and both in South and North America and manages up to 40 million containers per year with 4000 employees worldwide.
For their Data Governance departement they are looking for a (NL/ EN) Data Governance Coordinator. As a Data Governance Coordinator you play an active role in the implementation of the data management strategy. You supervise workshops on operational management with a view to improving data quality and data protection.
The data governance coordinator is part of the IT governance team and is responsible for:
• Together with the business you contribute to the definition of the business need and the inventory of the data sources (data and metadata) and catalog of reports.
• You support the implementation of the policy on standardization of data (common language and rules) between the services of the organization and its partners. (Data Governance Standard)
• You participate in the elaboration of a permanent improvement policy of the quality and completeness of the data within the organization whereby the rules and standards are determined and implemented.
• You set up performance indicators on the quality of the data and on the maturity of the company in order to achieve a more data-oriented organization.
• You help to develop data models for the business data projects and you ensure the update of the associated glossaries.
• You maintain close cooperation and regular contact with the services that work with data within the business, guiding the Data Community that participates in the activities related to data quality, the update of master data, preparation of glossaries, exchange of best practices,…
• You check whether the governance is being complied with, you identify the problems in time to propose a solution and you measure the results against the objectives.
Education: Master's degree (management, IT, economics,…)
Experience: Several years of experience in data management
Familiar with data privacy regulations (GDPR)
Knowledge of information security and standards such as ISO27001 and NIS are an extra plus
Knowledge: General basic knowledge of IT systems and IT architecture
Good knowledge of data governance practices as well as data management tools such as Power BI.
Good understanding of key business processes and IT systems involved in the data life cycle.
Good knowledge of ITSM best practices
Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge of Business Process Modeling (BPMN2.0)
Practical application and in-depth knowledge of ITIL
Notions of IT governance frameworks (e.g. COBIT
Languages ??Dutch and English
On top of a very attractive salary package with nice benefits, our client offers
- An informally stable international working environment;
- A company with a heart for the social community;
- A role with impact and visibility;
- An opportunity to be a pioneer in an innovative setting.