Data Engineer ( SQL, Python, EN )
Our client is a rapidly growing Innovation Consulting company part of a major group based in Brussels
You have a passion for innovation and know-how to use your engineering skills to give large banks and insurers a solid lead in the digital world. You will work in multidisciplinary teams on innovative solutions.
- You advise our clients on technology during a sprint zero and implement the solution with your Blue Harvest engineering team.
- You will be exposed to large volumes of data and related processing workloads. And of course a lot of customer contact in which you advise them on how to maximize the value of their data.
- You are going to ingest and process the raw data of several large international corporations. Next to that you will lead teams and create reusable data solutions.
You will be part of a culture with a high bar of engineering and emotional intelligence standards where development paths are self-determined within a mentor-led environment to support and guide these growth opportunities.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Foundations in Data Management, Processing and Data Modelling techniques
- Experience with cloud-based data services
- Knowledge of Data Management Principles and Frameworks
- Knowledge of Metadata concepts and Metadata-driven data applications
- Knowledge of different Data Modelling Techniques (e.g. Relational)
- Experience in Distributed Data Computing and Big Data ecosystems(Hadoop, Teradata).
- Understanding of Data streaming and API solutions.
- Exposure to data quality frameworks and error management
- Experience with multiple Data ingestion and Data integration tools and frameworks(Basic) Knowledge of data consumption techniques (Data Wrangling, SelfService BI, Managed BI, Advanced Analytics).
- Software engineering and programming skill sets which may include –Python, Scala, Java, C# (At least one)
- Knowledge of the Spark framework
- Understanding of core cloud concepts - Data storage, Compute, Data connections, APIs, and Security on cloud
- Experience in designing, building, testing, and maintaining cloud applications and related services
Do you have these extras? Then we like you even more!
- Experience in Azure Data Services (ADF, SQL DWH, Data Bricks)
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
Of course, you will get a competitive salary with other interesting benefits. But more importantly, you will work at a fantastic and pleasant place where you can do more than just engineering. You will be learning, developing yourself, organizing events and speaking at conferences. And you will have the best Friday afternoon beers in our office in Brussels.