The Data Engineer is responsible for integrating raw, uncleaned and incomplete data from multiple sources into a single Data Warehouse. As a Data Engineer, you pre-process data in various ways, making the resulting data sets convenient for the business. Since these data sets often contain gigabytes or even terabytes of records, you focus on automation rather than manual work to keep up with data requests.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collecting, cleaning, integrating and analysing large data sets in a reliable and automated way
- Implementing data requests from the business
- Managing, extending and improving the existing Data Warehouse
- Staying informed of the latest technologies and practices
Turning raw data into business insights is a major responsibility. You need excellent problem-solving skills, research skills, and an analytical mindset. You also need to be a good communicator to communicate with all stakeholders.
Besides that, you can also demonstrate:
- Decent knowledge of at least one cloud solution provider (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with several programming languages (SQL, Python, Scala)
- Understanding of HPC and distributed systems
- Experience with data warehousing solutions and ETL
- Knowledge of software engineering practises
- Knowledge of Apache Spark
- Proficient with version control (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Agile tools
- Fluency in English
Exellys isn’t your typical recruiting or consulting agency, we’re a different breed. We are a tech talent incubator, which is every bit as cool as it sounds. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- You’ll join an awesome community and enter one of our Smart Programs, based on where you are in your career and where you want to go. Did we mention you’ll get a personal coach as well?
- Next to a generous monthly salary, you'll receive a flexible mobility budget and tons of other benefits (pension, daily compensations, etc.)
- You’ll spend most of the time at (y)our client’s, except for regular Exellys trainings, fun events, tribe meet-ups, after works, knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
- After two years of coaching and upskilling from Exellys, you’ll get the opportunity to join (y)our client’s organization as an internal employee. Or if you prefer to stay with us, you could explore our follow-up Smart Programs as well.
Our mission is to attract, develop and retain the finest tech talent. We find the perfect match, so our consultants can fully develop their skills while also feeling happy in their jobs.
What distinctly sets us apart, is our focus on training and coaching. Every Exellyst gets a generous personal training budget and is also assigned a Talent Development Manager (TDM). Your TDM is your point of contact for every issue you encounter, large or small. Our goals is to see you shine, grow and succeed faster than your peers who don’t benefit from the Exellys model.
Since we encourage our consultants to integrate with the client after two years, we’re always on the look-out for fresh talent. That’s where you come in.
- Founded in 2014
- Offices in Mechelen, Diegem, Amsterdam and London
- Part of ProjectiveGroup
- Awesome community of 300 consultants