How it works?
Create IT Quizzes for educational learnings, create IT Quizzes for corporate trainings, create IT Quizzes for marketing & branding or create IT Quizes for fun....It's free and easy!
- Everything is free, you just need to register on EDITx and you can start,
- The online quiz can be taken on any device, anywhere,
- Add IT coding questions via the intelligent code grader or insert multiple choice questions into the quiz,
- Define a time, define the number of questions, define the results release options,
- Invite an audience, restrict the audience, define the privacy of your quiz,
- Define different groups of questions and associate a score for each group,
- Access real-time statistics and results about the participants and their answers,
- Communicate easily with your participants,
What kind of questions can be added into the Quizzes?
EDITx does not only allows you to add Multiple choice questions with one or several good answers but also to use an intelligent code grader to insert "printing questions" and "Unit Testing-Based Task".
For an input-output task, the learner’s code is executed with the instructor’s input sent to its standard input and the result produced on the standard output is checked against the correct instructor’s output. Input-output tasks can be created with the following programming languages:
- Bash 4.4
- C (with GCC 6.3)
- Go 1.7
- Java OpenJDK 8
- Lua 5.3
- Perl 5.24
- PHP 7.0
- Python 2.7
- Python 3.5
- Tcl 8.6
A unit testing-based task is a little more complex. This kind of exercise requires the learner to write the body of a function whose signature is provided by the instructor. This precise function is then “unit-tested” against predefined and/or randomly generated test cases, given contraints on the parameters. Customised feedbacks are provided to the learner depending on the test that failed. Additional checks can be done on the learner’s code (compared to the input-output task), such as checking that the correct exceptions are thrown, that the returned value has the correct type (which is not checkable on a text output), that a returned value is close to the correct one (useful for floating-point numbers), etc. Another advantage compared to input-output tasks is that the learner does not have to parse the input data and to generate the string for the output since he/she receives the test data directly in the correct type in the chosen programming language. Hence, the learner can focus on his/her main task, being able to code the function he/she has to write. Such exercises are much more user friendly.
What options can I set in the Quiz?
- Name your Quiz
- Custom your quiz with a background and a banner
- Set the availability of your quiz
- Define a time limit to the quiz
- Add prizes to your quiz
- Allow multiple attemps or not
- Lock or unlock the quiz anytime
- Set Quiz Restrictions, you can require students to enter an access code to take the quiz
- Hide or show quiz takers their score and corrected answers right after they finish
What options can I set in my questions?
- Add different kind of questions to your quiz: MCQ or Coding Questions
- Define a score for each questions
- Define the order of the questions
- Set different groups of questions sorted by level or by topic
- Shuffle questions by creating a question group
What kind of statistics can I access in real time?
- See distribution, mean, median, and standard deviation for your quiz data
- Get question-level data to see which were hard and which were easy for quiz takers
- Access respondent-level data on scores, ranking, percentiles, and completion times
Manage your respondents without efforts...
- See who has completed your quiz and their score—in real time
- Rank and benchmark respondents to their performance
- Message respondents who have taken the quiz already or who haven't yet taken the quiz
If you are a Computer Science Teacher/Professor
EDITx promotes the idea that creating the best IT trainings for IT Students is a collaborative process between IT Professors from different countries. Sharing IT Questions and related statistics without deniying the authorships is the most qualitative and easy way to create the right IT exercices. If you are a Computer Science Academic or Expert and that you would like to get the status of "IT Educator" that allows you to use the IT Questions Librairy to create your ecercices, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org