As one of the largest global insurers, our purpose is to act for human progress by protecting what matters. Protection has always been at the core of our business, helping individuals, businesses and societies to thrive. And AXA has always been a leader, an innovator, an entrepreneurial company, fostering progress in all its dimensions. Our purpose also links back to the Group's roots. From the outset, AXA has been committed to acting as a force for collective good. From solidarity-based actions with AXA Hearts In Action to work on prevention issues with the AXA Research Fund and the fight against climate change, AXA has always been attentive to its social environment and embraced its responsibility as an insurer: responsibility for taking action upstream in order to better understand risks, with one goal in mind: to ensure better protection.
As part of AXA's IT team, the Distribution Gateways team is at the heart of the brokering business digitalisation strategy touching, among other things, on infrastructure modernisation projects and the rollout of a new standardisation of data exchanges.
The collaboration between an external company (Portima), AXA Business and AXA IT allows a 360° perspective and a very rewarding work dynamic.
We work according to the Agile method, in which we encourage our employees to be autonomous and our teams to be organised. From the initial request to the operational phase, we like to control the end-to-end processes we are tasked with delivering with and for our colleagues.
We are looking for a colleague to join us in a hybrid Business/System Analyst role with the following responsibilities:
- Analysing business needs and objectives and translating them into technical specifications for the development teams.
- Participating in critical projects that have a significant impact on the company and its partners.
- Following up on these initiatives with the business and helping with IT support issues (1st and 2nd line).
- Managing the application dimension of the Portima Lab activities, which is a critical task for internal projects.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and have a strong interest in IT and insurance.
- Have experience in SQL (RDBMS), XML or JSON.
- Understand the principles behind the Cloud (AWS).
- Have a good command of English and knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
- Are familiar with the insurance industry and how it works.
- Are proactive, autonomous yet a team player, and have highly-developed project management and interpersonal skills.
- Are pragmatic and have the mindset to quickly implement and deliver effective solutions that meet real business needs.
- Are able to manage the follow-up activities of the initiatives entrusted to you.
- Willing to learn and apply both conventional and innovative methods and techniques, while finding the right balance between the two.
- Have an analytical mind and are an efficient and effective communicator.
- Are able to identify problems and solve them in a proactive way.
- Enjoy working independently and also making a difference within your team.