Big Data Cloud Engineer
What does this job entail?
The intensive use of commercial data and data analysis has expanded into a strategic core competence for KBC. Together with business and IT partners you will build a high-quality data environment, which is being developed on a Big Data platform in the Amazon Cloud with platform-specific tools and technologies. With this Big Data Platform we can continue to make data-driven decisions that enable KBC to grow further.
As a Big Data Cloud engineer, you are responsible for the engineering, integration and maintenance of the Big Data Platform. The Big Data Platform is build on top of the Amazon-Cloud by making use of services provided by the Cloud provider and 3th parties. The focus is both on technology and infrastructure services, as on development tools and methodologies for the Big Data Platform.
You get your energy from working out the Big Data Platform in detail and you are also the key person between the platform team and the data engineers and data analysts. Together with them you ensure that they can build Artificial Intelligence models and integrate those AI-models in our operational and commercial processes. You contribute to the design and implementation of the platform and capabilities for data delivery and data processing.
You will join a broad-based team that includes starters and colleagues with extensive experience.
What do we expect from you?
- You help to design the platform and the required services with focus on security, maintainability, flexibility, efficiency in a cost efficient manner. You work together with architects and analysts to come to a proper design
- You make use of services provided by the Cloud provider, by 3th parties and own development to implement the Big Data Platform.
- You contribute to the implementation and maintenance of the technical design. In addition, you support the data analysts and engineers in using the platform and the services.
- You have a Master's degree in ICT, Engineering Sciences, or Business Engineering with Business Informatics.
- You have experience with and/or are interested in the Cloud, Big Data tools, cloud native technologies, such as: AWS, Python, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, bash scripting, JSON, Scala, etc.
- You are fascinated by the world of Big Dataand want to learn new tools and technologies. Specialist literature helps you keep abreast of technology trends, so you feel perfectly at home in a rapidly changing world.
- Your oral and written skills in Dutch and English are excellent, You can communicate easily with colleagues in the various parts of our organisation.
- You are self-sufficient. In addition to a training programme, you will accrue knowledge on the job, taking the initiative to look for knowledge and answers.
- Prior knowledge of banking and insurance products is not essential, but would certainly be of added value.
- We give you the scope to become a true Big Data Cloud expert. Even though the world of tools and technologies changes rapidly, you will keep up to date.
- We offer a variety of career development paths. We will invest in you with an exceptional range of training and development opportunities.
- We offer an open-ended contract with a competitive salary and a wide range of non-statutory benefits. So you can opt for a company car if you wish.
- Our flexible working hours ensure a good balance between work and your private life.
- Our head offices are easy to reach by public transport. And there are opportunities to work from home if that's what you prefer!