A job at Proximus? You'll find that everything revolves around the idea 'Think Possible'. This means: we always assume that something is possible, even if it seems impossible. Well, especially so, actually. Call it a way of thinking that involves being open to a world of digital solutions that make our lives easier. And our way of working smarter.
As BI Engineer you'll strengthen the team to build the foundations of our data environment, set up data modelling and to perform analytics on it. You'll be confronted with many data challenges for which you'll work closely together with data and business experts to jointly reach tangible results. You will help guide the team in the transition from our current on-premise Data Warehouse (Teradata) towards a new cloud Data Warehouse.
Working on Business Intelligence within Proximus means:
- Understand the business processes and challenges
- Translate business analytical needs into data requirements
- Explore, understand and combine data from multiple domains
- Define and implement structural data models to reduce the time to deliver reports and analysis
- Enrich and visualize the data to obtain meaningful insights
- Contribute to various transformation projects to help make Proximus more data driven
- Bachelor or Master's degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience +/- 3 years in a relevant domain
- You are able to switch between your "business" skills and "technical" skills
- You can translate data coming from different complex IT sources into simple data models
- You have experience with Data Warehouse environments and thorough knowledge of dimensional modelling.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and Power BI is key. Knowledge of other scripting/programming languages such as Python is a plus
- Experience with Teradata and/or cloud DWH solutions
- You are curious, eager to learn and help us improve our way of working
- You are good at visualizing data and making impactful presentations
- You have good communication skills towards both management and operational levels
- You allocate your time efficiently and can manage several projects in parallel
- You take responsibility, work independent and take initiative to consult the right people
- Languages: Dutch, French and English
Naturally we have a competitive salary package for you. But there is so much more!
- We are 100% Belgian. So we make decisions in three languages. And all at the same time if you like!
- We are open to everyone: M, W, X, and in fact all the other letters of the alphabet.
- We encourage personal growth. At the Proximus Academy, you won't even want to miss a session.
- We are, of course, committed to sustainability. What else did you think?
- We firmly believe that working together is important, but that having fun together is even more so. That is why we regularly organise fun activities. (Please let us know if you have a talent for playing Santa Claus!)
- We believe in responsibility. Also in yours. For example, you can take it to launch your own initiatives.
- We put our customers first. And because we are all customers somewhere, you already know what that means. That's good.
- And the ever-important work-life balance? We keep it in the right place.
In a nutshell … We offer you a job full of opportunities to grow and learn, a job that will push you forward, as you shape the digital future with us. And in doing so, you might achieve more than you thought possible. Are you a professional who thinks like this? Someone who sees solutions where others only see obstacles. Then you are a talent that can still grow with us. Every day.