BI Competence Center & Data Operations Manager
A job at Proximus? You'll find that everything revolves around the idea 'Think Possible'. This means: we always assume that something is possible, even if it seems impossible. Well, especially so, actually. Call it a way of thinking that involves being open to a world of digital solutions that make our lives easier. And our way of working smarter.
The mission of the Tools Competence Center is to provide expertise for all software tools used in the data domain.
The tools are used in a wide range of applications: from creating reports (PowerBI, Microstrategy) over loading and transforming data in the datawarehouse or datalake (ETL tools) to managing and governance of data. Moreover, in the context of data transformation, expertise is now also being built up on data tools needed for a central data warehouse, real-time processing of data, etc. (Cloudera tools).
The Tools Competence Center provides the expertise in all these tools, takes care of the installation, upgrades and support of the tools, draws up guidelines for their correct and efficient use, draws up a roadmap for the evolution or replacement of the tools and provides expert support (sometimes also training) to all users.
The Data Operations team takes care of all operational activities for the proper functioning of the datawarehouse and datalake. They do the daily uploads, handle incidents, coordinate technical interventions and are in close contact with other teams to guarantee end to end data services.
Given the crucial importance of data in the digital strategy of Proximus, both teams are key to support this ambition.
As Team Lead you report to the Manager Data Domains and Platforms and your role includes the following responsibilities:
- People manager: lead, monitor and motivate the people within your team
- Close cooperation and consultation with your colleagues within the domain and division
- Maintain good contacts with stakeholders inside and outside Proximus
- Define roadmaps for the tools you are responsible for
- Achievement of operational KPIs (solving incidents, successfully loading the datawarehouse, capacity management of the tools,...)
- Define and follow up technical projects with the Tribe product owners
- Capacity management of the team for all technical and business projects
- Define sourcing strategy depending on the needs and the market situation
- Management of operational budgets
- Management of contracts and (re)negotiate them when necessary
- Active role and contribution for the data strategy and transformation
Naturally we have a competitive salary package for you. But there is so much more!
- We are 100% Belgian. So we make decisions in three languages. And all at the same time if you like!
- We are open to everyone: M, W, X, and in fact all the other letters of the alphabet.
- We encourage personal growth. At the Proximus Academy, you won't even want to miss a session.
- We are, of course, committed to sustainability. What else did you think?
- We firmly believe that working together is important, but that having fun together is even more so. That is why we regularly organise fun activities. (Please let us know if you have a talent for playing Santa Claus!)
- We believe in responsibility. Also in yours. For example, you can take it to launch your own initiatives.
- We put our customers first. And because we are all customers somewhere, you already know what that means. That's good.
- And the ever-important work-life balance? We keep it in the right place.
In a nutshell … We offer you a job full of opportunities to grow and learn, a job that will push you forward, as you shape the digital future with us. And in doing so, you might achieve more than you thought possible. Are you a professional who thinks like this? Someone who sees solutions where others only see obstacles. Then you are a talent that can still grow with us. Every day.