Back-End Developers are in charge of the architecture and (business) logic in the background of an application. They usually manage the database and the underlying conceptual business model, fitting in new requirements when necessary. As a Back-End Developer, you have the technical skills to integrate with a lot of external systems and the application's front end as well. Most back-end developers are also familiar with cloud technologies.
Your responsibilities include:
- Implementing functional requirements in a working (technical) solution
- Reviewing, testing and refactoring to ensure the system's correctness throughout the lifecycle
- Anticipating and communicating (technical) caveats to other developers and stakeholders
- Delivering quality software that is maintainable and extendable by other developers
- Staying informed and up-to-date of the latest technologies and practices
As a Back-End Developer, it's important that you know how to write decent code. You also need good problem-solving skills, research skills, and an analytical mindset. To communicate with all stakeholders, good communication skills are important as well.
Besides that, you can demonstrate:
- Decent knowledge of at least one major back-end framework
- Basic design knowledge
- Proficient with version control (e.g. Git)
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of (PL)SQL + ElasticSearch and other NOSQL databases
- Knowledge of Cloud-stack (AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge of Agile tools
- Fluency in English
Exellys isn’t your typical recruiting or consulting agency, we’re a different breed. We are a tech talent incubator, which is every bit as cool as it sounds. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- You’ll join an awesome community and enter one of our Smart Programs, based on where you are in your career and where you want to go. Did we mention you’ll get a personal coach as well?
- Next to a generous monthly salary, you'll receive a flexible mobility budget and tons of other benefits (pension, daily compensations, etc.)
- You’ll spend most of the time at (y)our client’s, except for regular Exellys trainings, fun events, tribe meet-ups, after works, knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
- After two years of coaching and upskilling from Exellys, you’ll get the opportunity to join (y)our client’s organization as an internal employee. Or if you prefer to stay with us, you could explore our follow-up Smart Programs as well.
Our mission is to attract, develop and retain the finest tech talent. We find the perfect match, so our consultants can fully develop their skills while also feeling happy in their jobs.
What distinctly sets us apart, is our focus on training and coaching. Every Exellyst gets a generous personal training budget and is also assigned a Talent Development Manager (TDM). Your TDM is your point of contact for every issue you encounter, large or small. Our goals is to see you shine, grow and succeed faster than your peers who don’t benefit from the Exellys model.
Since we encourage our consultants to integrate with the client after two years, we’re always on the look-out for fresh talent. That’s where you come in.
- Offices in Mechelen, Diegem, Amsterdam and London
- Part of ProjectiveGroup
- Founded in 2014
- Awesome community of 300 consultants