5G Network Automation Engineer
5G is moving the Mobile Internet services and applications into a new era. 5G, deployed next to the existing other mobile technologies like LTE, is bringing new innovative services to both residential and corporate customers. Obviously ultra-fast mobile internet but also capabilities like Ultra Reliable Low Latency to boost Internet of Things (IoT), VR/AR applications, autonomous vehicles, connected robots…
The mobile data core functionalities of Proximus are already deployed today on cutting-edge virtualized technology and is evolving to offer 5G services. A team of about 20 experienced engineers are managing the design, integration and validation of the mobile data core and its evolution in the Proximus network.
We are looking for a new solution engineer to support the team in this evolution with a special focus on automation (service orchestration, testing, configuration discovery/audit, migration tools, …).
You'll be working in an agile way in close collaboration with the engineers in the team and with other engineering and operational teams within our Network Business Unit.
We are looking for a bachelor or master ICT technologies/Engineering (or equivalent) with high potential and talent, motivated by new technologies and having experience on new IT technologies, automation, cloud technology, virtualization and scripting/Software development. Knowledge and experience on Mobile Data Internet services and IP routing can bring added value for this job.
We are looking for someone motivated and able to:
- Learn new technologies fast and to acquire quickly the minimum skills required for the job.
- Work in a team with the right attitude and team spirit (easy and clear communication, listening to others, enthusiastic, flexible on task assignment, team objectives oriented…).
- Take initiatives to propose and develop quality and efficiency improvements.
- Share knowledge and experience.
- Report clearly on work progress and issues.
- Analyse problems and issues and to propose solutions/alternatives/workarounds.
You are passionate, proactive and able to work independently when required. You respect your commitments, and you have a "Can Do" attitude. You have a "growth" mindset and stay flexible to work in a fast-moving environment.
English is the language of choice among the team members so good command of English is a must. Knowledge of a second national language (FR or NL) is an advantage.
Naturally we have a competitive salary package for you. But there is so much more!
- We are 100% Belgian. So we make decisions in three languages. And all at the same time if you like!
- We are open to everyone: M, W, X, and in fact all the other letters of the alphabet.
- We encourage personal growth. At the Proximus Academy, you won't even want to miss a session.
- We are, of course, committed to sustainability. What else did you think?
- We firmly believe that working together is important, but that having fun together is even more so. That is why we regularly organise fun activities. (Please let us know if you have a talent for playing Santa Claus!)
- We believe in responsibility. Also in yours. For example, you can take it to launch your own initiatives.
- We put our customers first. And because we are all customers somewhere, you already know what that means. That's good.
- And the ever-important work-life balance? We keep it in the right place.
In a nutshell … We offer you a job full of opportunities to grow and learn, a job that will push you forward, as you shape the digital future with us. And in doing so, you might achieve more than you thought possible. Are you a professional who thinks like this? Someone who sees solutions where others only see obstacles. Then you are a talent that can still grow with us. Every day.
A job at Proximus? You'll find that everything revolves around the idea 'Think Possible'. This means: we always assume that something is possible, even if it seems impossible. Well, especially so, actually. Call it a way of thinking that involves being open to a world of digital solutions that make our lives easier. And our way of working smarter.