5G Mobile Data Core Junior Operational Engineer (starter)
We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
5G will move the Mobile Internet services and applications in a new era. 5G, implemented alongside our other existing mobile technologies (such as LTE), will deliver new services for both residential and business customers. Ultra-fast internet of course, but also new possibilities such as the internet of things (IoT - mMTC), ultra-low latency for VR, AR, self-driving cars, robotics, etc.
A team of 14 experienced engineers is responsible for the maintenance, implementation and adjustment of the entire mobile core network. Very specifically, we are looking for a motivated employee to help evolve the current infrastructure to the new 5G Core.
For this we are looking for a junior engineer profile with potential to develop new technologies, able to learn them very quickly and able to work within an operational team. You will be coached by the team manager and/or a senior engineer.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers. We offer you:
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.
We are looking for a young bachelor or master in engineering (or equivalent) with high potential and talent, motivated by new technologies and who has acquired a good knowledge of data networks and new IT technologies (e.g. Cloud technology) during his/her education and/or extracurricular activities.
We are looking for someone who is motivated and able to:
- Learn new technologies quickly
- Work in a team with the right attitude and team spirit (fluent and clear communication, listening to others, enthusiastic, flexible, focused on team objectives, ...)
- Taking the initiative to propose and develop quality and efficiency improvements
- Sharing knowledge and experience
- Reporting clearly on work progress and problems.
- Analyse problems and issues and propose solutions/alternatives/workarounds.
You are passionate, proactive and able to work independently when required. You respect your commitments and have a "Can Do" attitude. You have a "growth" mindset and are flexible to work in a fast changing environment and in an on-call principle (24/7 standby in rotation).
English is the working language of the team members, so a good command of English is a must. Knowledge of a second national language is an advantage.