- Ask the challengers
- First student and first professional: 1250€ (Lion account)
- Second student and second professional: 750€ (Lion account)
- Third student and third professional: 500€ (Lion account)
- 4 -> 10 student and 4-> 10 professional: Voucher 50€ Fnac
Earn the title of "Best IT Student 2017" or the title of "Best IT Young Professional 2017" with the following contest organized by ING.
This IT Challenge allows you to have fun, benchmark yourself, and get a flavor of several IT topics.
From the 15th of October till the end of November 2017, ING organizes the Challenge consisting of an online phase of maximum 12 minutes and a final end of November at the Headquarter of ING in Belgium. The exact date of the final will be communicated in October.
Rules of the challenge
Participants must be over 18 years old and be Belgian residents. All the IT Students and all the IT Professionals with less than 3 years’ experience are allowed to compete.
One registration per person is authorized. The participant can only compete in his own name and not for someone else. Personal information of the participant may be checked through different sources. Personal information must be accurate.
Inaccurate or false information given by the participant will invalid the registration or entail the loss of the Prize.
How to participate?
Registration is open during the entire duration of the challenge.
- You firstly need to register on EDITx.
- To launch the challenge, press the button “participate”.
How is the challenge organized?
You will have 12 minutes to give the correct answer to as many questions as you can. The questions will be multiple-choice with one or several good answers.
The challenge allows the usage of three ‘jokers’: the "50/50", forcing the on-line test to take out 2 wrong answers, the "Ask the challengers", whereby the percentage of the challengers choosing each answer is displayed to you and the "Ask a friend", in which the challenger sends a question to one friend during the challenge, after which the friend provides input and the score is adapted accordingly.
After you completed the ING challenge, you will see your result for that Challenge immediately, but not the answers. We are emailing the details of the scores to all players at the end of the Challenge, so that the answers can't be shared among players during the Challenge.
The topics of the questions & repartition:
|18 questions in JAVA|
|Java Fundamentals||Java Foundations||Java Programming|
|6 questions||6 questions||6 questions|
|2 easy/2 medium/2 expert||2 easy/2 medium/2 expert||2 easy/2 medium/2 expert|
|6 questions in Database|
|2 easy||2 medium||2 expert|
|BI, Big Data|
|6 questions, introduction to Big Data|
|3 questions in different Master and Bachelor Courses|
|1 question||1 question||1 question|
The score & level of the questions:
The on-line test contains questions with 3 levels of difficulty: Low, Medium and High with an associated score 1, 2 or 3 points, if answered correctly. The total score will be the cumulative score of the questions. A wrong answer always gives the same score (-1). When you pass on a question, you don’t win or lose points.
What will be displayed at the end of the challenge ?
Your score and the private leaderboard will be released at the end of the challenge and only visible to you. We are showing the detail of scores to all players at the end of the Challenge, so that the questions can't be shared among players during the Challenge.
If you are ranked in the TOP 50 participants
If you rank among the top 50 participants, your name, first name and score will be posted on the leaderboard and visible to all the challengers. At the end of this round there will be 16 finalists who will be invited for the Final.
Who will be invited to the final?
- IT Students: The top 8 Students will be invited to the final
- IT Young Professionals: The top 8 Professionals will be invited to the final
Data privacy & Information Sharing
In the context of this competition, the following personal data about the participants will be collected and processed: name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone number and possibly Linkedin profile. The organizers’ servers will automatically save specific data such as: date and time. Personal data are collected and processed for the following uses:
- To monitor the correct competition process
- To analyze and optimize EDITx
- To set up the statboard & Leaderboard at the end of the challenge
EDITx shares the personal information (last name, first name, mobile and email) of the participants with & only with ING and with any governmental agency or Authority in Belgium or authority at their request (in case of irregularities).
Personal information, scores, questions, results are never given, sold or exchange to any third party.
Any of the following reasons will justify a disqualification even if we feel sorry for that.
- Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
- Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidentally this may also be considered as a legal violation and the Organizer reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the Court.
- Taking any action in violation of the copyrights/IP that belong to the Authors of the questions & EDITx Community.
- Having multiple profiles while participating to the challenge.